• 1 Post By CMcKenzie
  • 2 Post By voorhees
  • 1 Post By Big Al
  • 1 Post By Curt

Thread: What's your favourite s3 colour and interior combo

3rd Gear

Status

What's your favourite s3 colour and interior combo

I'm not usually a fan of red, but in the s3 it looks great showing the lines more I feel and like contrasting interior like the silver/ white leather (with heated seats) or the half leather and white alcantara
    But this seems rare!

Keep saving and keep looking

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    I love the black/silver interior from the Skoda octavia, not sure of it fits into the s3, think it may do though. I am quite close to buying a set of black leather s3 recaro's at the moment :D
    2001 1.8T Quattro Sport 89k covered ARY engine.
    Remapped at Badger 5, 213bhp - 235lb/ft torque.
    HS2K cone, FMDV008, Silicon TIP, 18" RS4 (reps), AP coilovers, Catch can, n249 bypass, Toyosport 3" Downpipe/Decat, S3 Front brakes, Polyflexed Dogbone, S3dave adjustable tie bars

Soon to be done: SAI delete, Install the toyosport FMIC i have kicking about in my living room

1st Gear

Status
    I have a black S3 and would love the interior from the imolla S3 8L, yellow alcantara!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    If it's a factory order tomorrow, I'd get a Merlin Purple with Silver heated leather.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

6th Gear

Status
    Yes! Purple is the winner but silver leather can do one. Leather in general can do one but none of the alcantara options suit purple so i vote rip it out and fit some Recaro Pole Positions (Also found in the TT240 as an option)
    Sam_ likes this.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Noggies ruuuule!

Status
    Noggy with the blue alcantara/black half leather interior (but I'm biased), however the imola yellow with yellow alcantara/black half leather is also awesome.

From a more subtle perspective it's misano red with the silver leather.
    m19lte likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Merlin purple is that a standard factory colour?
    Not noticed one before

silver sleeper

Status
    i was really happy with my blue black till my mate said it looks like ive crashed into the halfords seat cover section lol... he drives an r5 gtt though so no room to talk really!-)
    1999 apy s3, black & blue interior,dare bbs lm's, s2000 filter, relentless v3 manifold, relentless downpipe and sports cat, scorpion cat back system, stock dump valve, badger 5 v3 tip, bam rocker cover and push in coilpacks, toyosports fmic, amd stage 2+ remap 280.3bhp 263.9 lb/ft.

4th Gear

Status
    Am I the only person that thinks leather seats are gash. I'd pay extra to have my cloth facelift A3 (Recaro-esque-without-the Recaro-badge) seats stuffed in an S3.

Or I'd happily add a KO4 to my A3 and not drag around the mock 4wd system

Back to the original question: S3 - Grey paint with black. Perfect combo. Any coloured seats look horrendous.
    Jason.s likes this.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel
    To Fit - Decat then Mapping WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

It's supposed to do that..

Status

My Social Networking

Add CMcKenzie on Facebook Visit CMcKenzie's Youtube Channel Visit CMcKenzie's Instagram Channel
    Gonna be a little biased here, but... Absolute red with all black leather.
    I just don't really like any of the half and half options, I much prefer an all black interior.
    Bet they're not as cold first thing in winter though. Or sticky in summer.
    Hmmm...
    A3-Lee likes this.
    2000 APY S3

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by p1tse View Post
    Merlin purple is that a standard factory colour?
    Not noticed one before
    Yes, not too common, and even A3's come in that colour too. It looks awesome all polished up in the right light!

Status

My Social Networking

Add CMcKenzie on Facebook Visit CMcKenzie's Youtube Channel Visit CMcKenzie's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Yes, not too common, and even A3's come in that colour too. It looks awesome all polished up in the right light!
    Just Googled 'Merlin purple s3' and found an old ad on here for one.
    YES. That colour is awesome.
    Classifieds: 2002 Merlin Purple S3
    jojo likes this.
    2000 APY S3

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JudderMan View Post
    Am I the only person that thinks leather seats are gash. I'd pay extra to have my cloth facelift A3 (Recaro-esque-without-the Recaro-badge) seats stuffed in an S3.

Or I'd happily add a KO4 to my A3 and not drag around the mock 4wd system

Back to the original question: S3 - Grey paint with black. Perfect combo. Any coloured seats look horrendous.
    Judder, cloth Recaro's was a no cost option on S3's, the leather Recaro's we're a standard part of owning an S3! I've only ever seen one S3 with cloth Recaro's, kinds of devalues the car ticking that box!

3rd Gear

Status
    That purple looks ace

Yellow exterior seems to work very well with the lines of the car and the matching half leather and yellow to add is brilliant, but I wouldn't own one lol

6th Gear

Status
    Cant devalue it anymore Jo.. Already worth peanuts lol.

Rather have cloth than leather anyday. You need so much more support from leather seats over cloth and the Recaros offer bugger all as it is.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

2nd Gear

Status
    Kingfisher blue with black leather is just a win I'm bias as I have a kingfisher blue a3 with full black leather

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.s View Post
    Cant devalue it anymore Jo.. Already worth peanuts lol.

Rather have cloth than leather anyday. You need so much more support from leather seats over cloth and the Recaros offer bugger all as it is.
    My ass is snug, you just need to baulk up!

6th Gear

Status
    Theres no shoulder support either. Guy at work as a 1.2 3 pot Fabia and the seats have bigger bolsters and much better support than my recaros! lol

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Silver with silver/black alcantara interior all day long

...although while silver exterior is easy to keep looking clean, the silver alcantara is more of a challange... no slipping no matter what size your ass in these babies..

<tuffty/>
    CMcKenzie likes this.
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Status

My Social Networking

Your car amazes me Paul, 12 years old, looking factory fresh and running enough power to just about anything that appears in the rear view mirror to shame.
    <tuffty/> likes this.
    2000 APY S3

Reverse Gear

Status
    I've got a black S3 with black/yellow alcantara interior,which I really like,but I have friends that can't stand the yellow and others that think I have a custom interior.

2nd Gear

Status
    Berkshire, Surry, Hampshire tri-intersect
    It's gotta be Dolphin grey on black leather for me... I think the boldness of Dolphin grey compliments the curves of the S3 perfectly and the black leather keeps it nice and understated on the inside to give an overall discrete and sophisticated look that still has real road presence...
    Merlin purple certainly isn't far behind tho!

Flat Oot like a ducks Foot

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3mad_dude View Post
    Noggy with the blue alcantara/black half leather interior (but I'm biased), however the imola yellow with yellow alcantara/black half leather is also awesome.

From a more subtle perspective it's misano red with the silver leather.
    That would be my ultimate.

However, I have the next best thing. Noggy & black all round.
    ...... Waiting Paitently...

Status
    Noggy with Blue Alcantara is the best combo imo

6th Gear

Status
    Grey with red alcantara if you can get it
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Unmarked grey rear bumper panel
    Milltek system

4wd + turbo = fun!

Status
    Special order Papaya Orange is my favourite dealer option, with black leather Recaro bucket seats, caged and lightened with MJ Interior alcantara retrim!
    jojo likes this.
    Audi A4 B7 2004 red 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sport saloon, Servotronic steering, MFSW, CDIS, DRL with Coming Home, auto dual xenon lights/wipers/mirrors, split folding rear seats, 3rd headrest, centre armrest, Isofix mounts, RS4 rear ARB, pedals & carbon dash trims; Audi TTS 9Jx18alloys (2 sets), Yokohama AD08 summer, Conti TS830P winter 245/40/18 tyres, TPI 15/20 spacers/lockers, Pipercross filter, GFB DV+ turbo valve, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Osram Silverstar Xenarc D1S bulbs. Build thread

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Special order Papaya Orange is my favourite dealer option, with black leather Recaro bucket seats, caged and lightened with MJ Interior alcantara retrim!
    Did you see some guy was breaking one of these on FB Al?

1st Gear

Status

Big Al likes this.

4wd + turbo = fun!

Status
    Hi Joe, yes I did see this one being broken on Facebook - how I wish I could afford to buy the shell!! So sad to see this on such a rare colour S3.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Vago...1250637256710/

Audi A4 B7 2004 red 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sport saloon, Servotronic steering, MFSW, CDIS, DRL with Coming Home, auto dual xenon lights/wipers/mirrors, split folding rear seats, 3rd headrest, centre armrest, Isofix mounts, RS4 rear ARB, pedals & carbon dash trims; Audi TTS 9Jx18alloys (2 sets), Yokohama AD08 summer, Conti TS830P winter 245/40/18 tyres, TPI 15/20 spacers/lockers, Pipercross filter, GFB DV+ turbo valve, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Osram Silverstar Xenarc D1S bulbs. Build thread

5th Gear

Status
    Silver car with full black interior is my fav, but I didnt have much choice as there are only 4 S3's in Dubai. I had to settle with the below option. I can live with the yellow paint but the yellow interior is WAY to much for me to handle. Slowly been removing the yellow bits from the interior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status
    Yellow with yellow and black.....Scullies, send me the yellow bits you don't want
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+
    > 205 GTI (90) - Limited Edition Miami Blue with full leather - 1 of only 300 made
    > Clio v6 255 (05) - Lethal Weapon

View: My S3 diary

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    Noggy with Blue Alcantara is the best combo imo
    Totally agree voorhees

Now if only there was just someone out there with a decent blue alcantara interior they wouldn't mind swapping with mine to finish of my perfect car colour/interior combo

Quote Originally Posted by justarn View Post
    i was really happy with my blue black till my mate said it looks like ive crashed into the halfords seat cover section lol...
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    Totally agree voorhees

Now if only there was just someone out there with a decent blue alcantara interior they wouldn't mind swapping with mine to finish of my perfect car colour/interior combo
    You missed out Chris, Al had a mint blue alcantara interior for swops with normal leathers and money his way, the seats are gone now though...

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    You missed out Chris, Al had a mint blue alcantara interior for swops with normal leathers and money his way, the seats are gone now though...
    ASN needs to bring back the dislike button
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

4wd + turbo = fun!

Status
    Sorry Chris! Yep, that's true. Just the complete door cards available now - PM for details!

1st Gear

Status
    Noggy or ming for me with blue interior, although good wood and silver trim is nice, all rare though !