Egr delete process and benefits ?

lewis.bates.73

Reaction score
Hello there I have a
Audi a3 1.9 tdi 110 se S reg
I've been told to get an egr delete pipe I have watched some videos on YouTube I would just like some advice from someone that may have had this modification done and what is the benefits they had from doing it ? Also do you have to map it out your ecu or not thanks

Benefits is better fuel economy, smoother running, less black smoke on WOT acceleration. Bad points, car takes longer to warm up, especially when the weather drops, so not suited/recommended for TDi's that do short journeys.

Process, 3 quid blanking plate off eBay, and 30 minutes under the bonnet for a beginner like me.

Benefits is better fuel economy, smoother running, less black smoke on WOT acceleration. Bad points, car takes longer to warm up, especially when the weather drops, so not suited/recommended for TDi's that do short journeys.

Process, 3 quid blanking plate off eBay, and 30 minutes under the bonnet for a beginner like me.

Oh right I understand il give it abit more thought and il see what I do in the next week or so

the tdi 110 the egr valve and throttle body are one unit. If u fit an egr delete kit like the allard one you will get engine judder when you shut off the engine. Also the standard unit helps prevent your turbo running away. Ive got the allard kit on mine, no noticable difference to the way it drives, I just have a very clean inlet manifold. I wouldnt bother personally unless your egr is leaking

Much better for the engine as it isn't chucking all the gunk back through everything. The egr just recirculates that already used gases from the engine. You're better off deleting it and let the engine breath fresh air constantly.

the tdi 110 the egr valve and throttle body are one unit. If u fit an egr delete kit like the allard one you will get engine judder when you shut off the engine. Also the standard unit helps prevent your turbo running away. Ive got the allard kit on mine, no noticable difference to the way it drives, I just have a very clean inlet manifold. I wouldnt bother personally unless your egr is leaking
the tdi 110 EGR valve sits separate. it bolts on to the side of the inlet manifold. are you sure you're car is a 110? has some one maybe fitted a pd inlet manifold?
I have blanked the EGR valve on 3 110 TDi's and have noticed the difference on all of them.

Both my 110s (asv) have had the unit as one, as did the new engine I just bought. 2 2001 cars and a 2000 plate

My 110 is separate EGR to intake its an AHF. Just done this today and blanked it off, my god the egr was literally full of gunk. cleaned it out along with the mani and its like driving a new car again.