AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Miltek Backbox and Audi Warranty

Was looking to change the Backbox on my S3. Have read a number of reviews, and like the sound of the Miltek box. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

If I get this fitted, is there likely to be any probs with Audi and any warranty claims I may need to make at any point ?

Cheers
    Sonic

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status

Re: Miltek Backbox and Audi Warranty

Hi Sonic and welcome, ive heard some very good reviews about the Miltek exhaust too along with excellent feedback regarding the sound. Personally my dealer wouldnt have a problem with any mods but other dealers will try to get out of doing any warranty even with the slightest change u make to the car.
    I dont see how changing ur exhaust can affect any other component in ur car.
    Best thing to do and for ur own reassurance is to ring ur dealer and 'generally' ask him how an exhasut modification would affect a future warranty.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

Does somebody have a sound file of an miltek on an s3? i can buy a used one, but people on the forum here say there isn't much difference in either looks, sound or performance.

6th Gear

Status

Hi sonic. Iv'e got a miltek on my S3 and never have had a problem with the dealer. Yes it's not a genuiene Audi part but it's not like adding a aftermarket filter or a dump valve which can cause problems with components. So go on go for it...it looks and sounds great and also fits very well!

4th Gear

Status

Ive not heard one personally but i have been told from a reliable source that they do sound much better and are not boomy either.
    With regards to performance gains the Miltek site does claim a massive 5-10bhp increase with the system fitted but they have yet to put their money where their mouth is.
    Yes they are definately more free flowing but BHP ga [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]in wise.... ?? Hmmmm as with all axhaust manufacturers.... probably not.

Neutral

Status

MMM i can buy it from the cat to the end for euro 500, including fitting.

Maybe not such a bad offer?

Must be better than the electric sound of my s3 now !

Reverse Gear

Status

Thanks for the quick respones, and the welcome to the board. Much appreciated. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Looks like I may be making the trip this weekend to get it fitted. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

I've got a Magnex fitted to mine. My dealer doesnt have a problem with this. Although during its last service they stated that it was blowing from where the backbox meets the centre section and they couldnt put it right as it was an aftermarket exhaust and they didnt want to void my warrenty with Magnex!!

4th Gear

Status

Found this from another board. Should give u an idea of how the Miltek will sound on an S4...

Std S4 box

Miltek box

Oh and u will need quicktime to view.