Do I tune my A3 AGU 150hp or my Seat Leon cupra AUQ 180 hp?

Squirt

Reaction score
As a track day car, what in your opinion is going to be cheaper to tune? Will the AUQ produce more power easier than the AGU?

Any pros and cons between the two?

define tune... both map up out the box around the same... Leon would be wideband and DBW throttle but has the 'weaker' bottom end... not sure when/if the leon's got the K03s (Bill would know) but there is a lengthy K03 related tuning thread in the FAQ's sticky...

<tuffty/>

I know the Seat has the K03s and currently doesn't run as it's missing injection computer, dash clocks etc but I can sort that with a new ECU lock set. It's track ready with coil overs, poly bushed suspension, no interior and even some cobra seats. It also has a broken windscreen. Needs a complete exhaust too. No front brakes what so ever or intercooler, however I do have some LCR brembos and a front mount in the garage originally destined for the A3.

My A3 is bog standard apart from a full milltek exhaust.

As I said, my dilemma is which one to use! I love my A3 and didn't want to rip it apart even though I was given it, the Leon is stripped and practically ready for abuse.

I'll have to think about it!

BUT is there any advantage to use either AGU or the AUQ?

AGU is a stronger engine but not as nice engine management as I understand it?

AGU is large port head but this only comes into play with big turbo builds. Depends how far you are taking it.

If the Leon is ready to go then map it and track it.