Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    2nd Gear

Status

Help needed again.

Yup, this hasnt been a good week for us. Can anyone give me any idea as to why we cant get 2nd and 4th gear? All the others are fine so its the 2 gears that you pull back that we cant get. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Re: Help needed again.

Mmmmmm maybe the gearbox has gone? syncromesh in those gears?

2nd Gear

Status

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img] this is the last thing i need, it doesnt sound like the gearbox is screwed as we still have reverse, 1,3,5 gear. Anyone know if it is a large job to do on audi's? This couldnt have been timed worse as i was about to buy sh** loads of stuff for it, thats all down the drain now.

4th Gear

Status

maybe the AA man who came out to fix ur car pinched them ?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

At least ya made me smile [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Well im hoping that its not gonna be a big job, or expensive cause id just planned out how to spend my 2500 quid id saved up [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

4th Gear

Status

Open da bonnet and have a quick look at the cables coming from the selector to the gearbox and make sure they seem ok. Have a mate change gears as u observe with a beedy eye as to what the linkage is doing. Gearbox's dont just stop working one day! SOmething must be going wrong for a while for it to break.
    U been many clutchless gear changes ?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    U been many clutchless gear changes ??

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif[/img] i didnt know that cables for the gears were in the engine bay? what do they look like? just curious. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

4th Gear

Status

Erm Riz they look like cables mate !! Duh !! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Erm Riz they look like cables mate !! Duh !!

[/ QUOTE ] yeah but under the S3 bonnet theres not much cables about? which ones? do i need to take the covers off? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img]

4th Gear

Status

Yeah no probs yaar, look under ur bonnet and looking down from the top from where the airbox u will see the gearbox. Directly on top of ur gearbox u will see the linkages for the selecter cables which are directly attatched to the cables themselves.
    Any [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif[/img] clearer ??

Neutral

Status

so is the gearbox in the engine bay then? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img] i was just curious, always thought that the gearbox was under the gearstick or near there. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

4th Gear

Status

Nahh Riz the engines are mounted transversly in the S3. hence the gearbox is in the engine bay.
    Go outside and have a look and all will be clear. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

Is this it?

4th Gear

Status

Dats it !! good boy !! What do u do Riz? Get under da car and clean ur engine/gearbox too ?? Bit too clean for my liking ! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

lol...... naaaa that was a pic i took when i first got it...... its still pretty clean now really..... i got one of those jet washer machines...... my exhausts are even better.... check em out...... they done over 16000miles

4th Gear

Status

Funny how we take so much pride in keeping the 'arsehole' of the car looking so damn clean ! Hmmm dats sad if u think about it ! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] hehe yep sure is........ mmmmmm imagine if they made a bidet for em! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]