brembo clearance

S321BAM

I lost the rod lottery
Reaction score
Evening all.

Im after a set of brembos for the s3. Currently have banded t5 17"steels on the car. Looking at 996 frts or lcr brembos, will they fit behind a 17" wheel? Someone has offered to buy my 18" alloys off me and dont want to sell if the bigger brakes wont clear the 18s

Cheers

Chris

Found some time to use the search function! Lcrs fit behind 17" alloys. Does anyone running lcrs on 17s know the internal diameter of there wheel as I presume the steel would be different?

generally speaking, steel wheels have more brake clearence, as they rarely have any dish to them, and steel used in wheel construction is thinner than alloy :)

Diameter wise, just about all 17's will clear LCR brakes, it's the horizontal clearence that people struggle with.

Reactions: S321BAM
Cheers prawn. Im good on clearance the other way, wheels are on 25mm thick adapters, and the design of the wheel gives extra room. Looks like the alloys are going!

Managed to do a trial fit with a steel on a friends mk4 with lcr set up.......and yes the defo fit with loads of room.

Reactions: vivalacoulter
Evening! Is there a physical size difference between the lcr brembos and 996 brembos?