Brembo replacement pads ?

pwnorman

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
Going to need some new pads soon and dont know what to go for, they are just for normal road use want something decent but dont want to pay a fortune at the same time.

EBC Greenstuff?

Not the best, but also far from the worst pads you could put on if you're looking for something aftermarket - not obscene money either.

You might just be better off with Audi OEM pads though, as if my memory is firing on all four, they're manufactured by Pagid, so you could do far worse...

Regards,

Rob.

IMHO

Audi OEM pads give decent bite and everyday performance, but you need to clean your wheels after every journey as they give off so much dust.

I've currently got EBC Redstuff pads. I'd say compared to the OEM pad the EBC takes much longer to bite when cold (it can actually catch you out) but once warm give good performance. A major bonus is they give off little or no dust.

The EBCs are decent for the price I suppose.......

Cheers,

Chris.

Are we talking about Brembo GT kit pads? If so, the OE Brembo items are best for all round use, but they are expensive at around £115+vat from your local Seat dealer(ask for Leon Cupra R ones) or go for Ferodo DS3000 @£90+vat from www.motorsportworld.co.uk.

Hah! Doh!

Of all the characters in your post, I missed the six most important... "Brembo"

Ignore all earlier comments, as I'm sure you guessed by my reply I was under the mistaken impression you were looking to replace standard pads!

Sorry fella!

I think I need a break from work again already and we've only been back two days!

As Jojo has said, LCR-boxed pads or Ferodos... A friend has GTs on his Rolf and bought Ferodos for it this time and he's really pleased with them in terms of bang-per-buck; he doesn't drive like his boot's on fire, but he's not known for dawdling either, so if you're intending general use I'd guess they'd be more than sufficient.

Regards,

Rob.

[ QUOTE ]
Would be a good idea if they fit my calipers like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah it's a good start eh mate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Rob.

Think i might go for the redstuff one's am sick of loads of brake dust on wheels at least the snow cleaned abit of it off last week but saying that they aint much left on the pads now.

EBC brakes are poor. Every set I have tried have dissapoointed.

For the GT kit the standard pads are made by Galfer and branded as Brembo and are great.

An improvement would be the Ferrodo DS2500 which are more track biased - but worked excellently on my car.

Do a search, there are extensive posts about this.

My heads done in now suppose its a matter of trying something different or keeping to what i know i need help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

Don't do EBC, as he said they are crap and as he said also go for the Ferrodo DS2500, I have these on my Brembo equiped Evo and I can say they are better than the standard Brembos and seem to be lasting ages as well, only downside is squealing and dust, which with white wheels is a pain in the rse