Engine mount faults ?

lewis.bates.73

Reaction score
Hi there I am new to this forum and I could do with some advice I brought a
audi a3 1.9 tdi 110 se S reg about 2 months ago and I've been told that the turbo and ecu has been played with which I do believe because it goes like sh*t ;) anyway first thing that happened the offside engine mount bolt snapped inside the engine block so I managed to get them out and why I was there I changed Cambelt and water pump and did a full service now about 200 miles after the top gearbox mount seems very loose I think it's down to the power output and the stress of the other mount giving in I was just wondering if this a common thing and of any place where best to get the gearbox mount from thanks for your help :)

Gearbox side mount is usually past it's best after 100k on the TDI, don't bother with cheap copy mounts there pants.
Cambelt side mount is a hydro mount and usually ok until you see signs of fluid having leaked.

Stick to Lemforder brand (OEM) which can be had from Euro Car Parts etc.

The low down high torque of chipped TDI puts most stress on the lower dogbone engine mount.
I replace it on my tweeked derv every 18 months.

I would advise against any poly or updated engine mounts, they cause bad vibrations. It's like sitting on a hammer drill!

Reactions: lewis.bates.73
Gearbox side mount is usually past it's best after 100k on the TDI, don't bother with cheap copy mounts there pants.
Cambelt side mount is a hydro mount and usually ok until you see signs of fluid having leaked.

Stick to Lemforder brand (OEM) which can be had from Euro Car Parts etc.

The low down high torque of chipped TDI puts most stress on the lower dogbone engine mount.
I replace it on my tweeked derv every 18 months.

I would advise against any poly or updated engine mounts, they cause bad vibrations. It's like sitting on a hammer drill!

Thank you very much mate I have got all powerflex bushy for the dog bone and anti roll bar ect.. And I think il just go audi and get the gearbox mounts thanks a lot for the advice

Powerflex ARB bushes a good, but I suspect to will find the polly dogbone bushes vibrate your fillings out, personal taste though.

Forgot to say before, all the engine mount bolts are TTY stretch bolts so should be replaced, especially as you have already had one snap.

Powerflex ARB bushes a good, but I suspect to will find the polly dogbone bushes vibrate your fillings out, personal taste though.

Forgot to say before, all the engine mount bolts are TTY stretch bolts so should be replaced, especially as you have already had one snap.

I replaced the bolts that go into the engine with high tensile steel bolt ( thinks that's how you spell it ) and I brought all new bolts anyway mate :)