Smooth/Aero Rear Wiper Arm

M

Max M4X WW

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been asked loads of times but I'm after a Polo/Fabia style smooth rear wiper arm for my 8L. All the VAG offerings seem to park on the wrong side and I'm not sure if you can change the park position.

Does anyone have a different rear wiper arm fitted?

Thanks

A long time ago for me (S3) back when Vagparts were still around.

S3 Parks on the left, you just fit the arm upside down.

I used a Polo arm, and blade. There was also an option of a touran blade that was slightly longer, that still cleared an S3 Spoiler.

Not my part number, but i think the arm you need is ...Polo 2003> Rear Aero Wiper – Silicone Rubber – Part No.6Q6 998 425
which i think comes with arm and blade.

google the phrase in bold and your find the TSN thread with pictures. My own threads, only reference the Vagparts kit, and the photos links are now dead.

hope that helps.

Reactions: Jason.s
I can't imagine what it would look upside down, I need to try and find a straight arm without a kink really.

Do you have any photos?

Thanks!

Not the best but this is the polo setup.

96D9BFC3-AD36-4C5B-B630-9C4E41E46A3D-729-0000010FD9217509_zps7d66be64.jpg

Photos can be seen if you google the exact phrase in bold above.

In all honesty, I cant even remember fitting it upside down. I just fitted it in the same orientation as the S3 park position.
When i took the part out of a jiffy bag, i didnt even know ( or need to) which way way up or down.

Dragging up the old thread, the original poster mentions its fitted upside down.

It's not really upside down, but if I remember rightly the arm is shaped slightly at the end near the motor. I should look at my brothers Mk4 Golf really as that has the same thing.

If it's going to be upside down I may try one of these as they look a bit smoother and still have the jets, not sure how the washer attaches though..

T2eC16NHJGwFFYuou38BR5venZgg60 12

Got a mk5 one on my mrs' mk4 anniversary - alot smarter than the boring standard ones!

Not sure about the polo wiper upside-down, I put mine on the right way up ;-)

Wiper

Silly question I am sure but I would like aero wiper blades for.my a3. Do I need to change thw wiper arms?
Aaron

The previous owner of my car fitted a combo of Mk4 Golf Aero arms and unknown blades. They look totally OEM but Bosch etc sell retro-fit aero blades.