Facelift headlight guys....

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
....Are the indicator connectors the same on facelift and prefacelift? Or do i need to swap the plugs on them too?

Rich

Thanks Mark!

Just ordered the plugs and wires...but im not sure of the parts guy ordered the correct wires...We will see i guess!

Rich - Drop me a line when they arrive, I'll pop over and be technical consultant/making the tea if you like :)

PM me for number....

Right, the nice guy at Audi showed me how to use ETKA to find this out today....

You can use any one of these:

000 979 133
000 979 133A
000 979 133AB
000 979 225
000 979 225A

According to the guy in Audi, any of these will work, the differing part numbers are lengths/gauge of wires.

If you want to find out the wires for any particular connector, find the connector in the main illustration and note down the part number.

Then go into special catalogues, and electrical connectors. Pick anything to start. Then click on the drop down menu and click on ATP.
If you then enter the part number, all the wires show up!!

Thanks Dave... My dad collected the parts and they are the correct wires. However, they are just normal connectors whcih i think i have an abundance of! Audi UK only have the one set i got in stock and the others are on back order... So may just make up the wires myself!

Rich

You could even cut off the old connectors and solder on the clips straight away.

You have PM incoming on another subject!!

[ QUOTE ]
You could even cut off the old connectors and solder on the clips straight away.

You have PM incoming on another subject!!

[/ QUOTE ]

A damn good point!

Dave,

Can you give me the MODEL/YEAR/MG/SG/Illustration you are looking at in ETKA? I cant find them at all!

Rich

Right, for the actual connectors, I am in 2002 A3. illustration 971-61, number 17 for the plugs.

You then take that part number and do the steps above with the ATP bit.

That takes you to the EL catalogue, illustration 970-61

so ur lights arrived and ur ready to fit then Rich? keep us posted with pics! looking forward to seeing what your car looks like with them.

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Right, the nice guy at Audi showed me how to use ETKA to find this out today....

You can use any one of these:

000 979 133
000 979 133A
000 979 133AB
000 979 225
000 979 225A

According to the guy in Audi, any of these will work, the differing part numbers are lengths/gauge of wires.

If you want to find out the wires for any particular connector, find the connector in the main illustration and note down the part number.

Then go into special catalogues, and electrical connectors. Pick anything to start. Then click on the drop down menu and click on ATP.
If you then enter the part number, all the wires show up!!

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

A nice chap at Smith Knight Fay in Bolton explained ATP to me a little while ago, what a gem of a button it is!

It's funny how you can ask something trivial like "how would I go about removing my glove-box?" and get the response "you know, I'm not sure off the top of my head, but there's a website you can go to which will tell you", followed by a link to erWin, enabling them to make a buck and hide from liability at the same time, but on the other hand they're quite happy to tell you the secrets of how to operate more advanced parts of software their that you really shouldn't have. Still, I suppose that's an acceptable double-standard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

Rob.

So Audi guy gave me wrong wires... He clearly doesnt get the ATP thingy. Anyway, ordered correct wires which should arrive tomorrow...hopefully!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
so ur lights arrived and ur ready to fit then Rich? keep us posted with pics! looking forward to seeing what your car looks like with them.

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, went for standard facelift in the end... I think it will make a big difference to to look of my car... the current headlights really let the front end down!

excellent - ur car looks sweet so i'm looking forward to seeing the new lights & how they look with that bumper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

get ur camera out!!!

i went for the standard facelift lights too - think they're the best really. i got mine from an ebay seller & even though it passed the MOT with them on, i think the alignment is set up for LHD.... they have little adjusters on them but it means taking them out again i reckon - plus i didn't connect the levellers properly.... things for a nice dry day!