Double Din fitting kit

Rob45

Reaction score
Hi, was looking today at getting a new headunit for the S3 , was looking at an alpine unit, the unit i have in the S3 is an AUDI symphony 2 double Din 6 disc player .. was told i will need a fitting kit ... Can i find one for an 8L >????? NOooooo !!!!
sent a pic of dash to one audio shop who are saying i have an Audi A4 size unit in there. Is this correct ?

Have searched ebay , lots of fitting kits on there but all state Audi A3 8P 2003 > and told that this kit will not be any good as slightly different shape..

Anyone know if the A4 fitting kit will do the Job or where i can find the right one..
Halfords found one on there system but quoted £70.00 for the Kit ....
Cheers

No such thing as a double din kit for the 8L sadly... I converted mine to single DIN but I believe the A4 facia can be made to fit... 70 quid seems a lot... I picked up a 2 x single DIN facia for a tenner on ebay... anything you do however will be custom of course...

<tuffty/>

I used the A4 kit for mine, think it was just shy of £15 off eBay / amazon.

It does need modifying to fit as it's too big, just needs sanding a few mm's on each side - however I was impatient and got the sanding discs out, got a bit excited and accidentally hacked one of the corners off. If you have a dremel it would be easy.

All that considered it does fit and houses my pioneer AVIC unit very nicely :)

Ok cheers , so what A4 fitting kit do you have a link , what year A4 are we talking ?

Also , the cage Kit i get with the Alpine i am getting , i take it that will fit ok yes ? so just a facia surround i need and being an A4 one which i will need to Mod yes ?

Never known so much hassle to fit an after market headunit . cheers for the info ....

Ok cheers , so what A4 fitting kit do you have a link , what year A4 are we talking ?

Also , the cage Kit i get with the Alpine i am getting , i take it that will fit ok yes ? so just a facia surround i need and being an A4 one which i will need to Mod yes ?

Never known so much hassle to fit an after market headunit . cheers for the info ....

Tell me about it, such a hassle - but was totally worth it to have full iPod control in the car.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004TW7KRG/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

That's the one I brought ^ wasn't far off on the £15 :)

There's also additional cables required to take advantage of the speakers and sub in the rear.. Which differs between Bose and non Bose models if I remember correctly.

So if you have a Bose stereo I have no idea which cables are required..

If it's non Bose I created this http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/185149-double-din-finally-finished.html to help people out with what bits are needed.

Again, as I said.. Mine doesn't look brilliant. I did it in a rush and was sick of listening to music through this ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379802979890993 so the stereo had to go in :)

Ok nice one , shall go get the alpine i want 2morrow (today) !!! , so presume cage with the Alpine will fit as per then order the facia up ..
I have Bose and have a BOSE harness and GLI's from when i had a TTR a few years back so i dont need any additional cables . cheers for your help ....
Rob

All Done , Got an A4 fascia , had to give a little fabrication , the top corners were rounded so there is a slight gap each top corner but other than that quite pleased

Reactions: russwuss