advice?

jamspoon1991

Reaction score
hey everyone,
so i have now got my second a3 1.8t (forst one was a dog) but swapped my old car with my mate for his one with leather interior and all the usuals and love
it, but there is a few things i wanna do but unsure on where to look or who to ask so if you coild help please?
first of all ia the bose sound system worth getting or go for something else heard mixed views tbh?
and it has a ko3s turbo instead of a ko3, it hasnt been mapped or anything should i consider mapping it and where is best?
i dont want to go over the top with engine wise cause at the end of the day its pnly fwd so only so much i can consider doing to it before i will end up just
shredding tires ? but still i want some power lol? any suggestions?
thanks for looking :D

Year/engine code would help dude... also... stickies... this in particular from the FAQ thread in the stickies

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...ations-k03-k03s-agu-aum-engines-fwd-cars.html

Bose is a joke on A3/S3's tbh... most swap out for aftermarket headunit and speakers as the OE headunits are a ropey (vol control goes iffy after a while) and the sub is just lame... sadly the best direct replacement sub setup for our beloved 8L's is no more due to the passing of the hero that is Andy Mac but there are others out there if you look..

<tuffty/>

hey mate sorry thought i added its an agu and o see thats what i got told just to change it all but will have a look out there and see whats about and will read that link mate cheers i have seen loads i could do just dunno what would be best and all lol ? thanks alot mate

hey mate sorry thought i added its an agu and o see thats what i got told just to change it all but will have a look out there and see whats about and will read that link mate cheers i have seen loads i could do just dunno what would be best and all lol ? thanks alot mate

Is the car running fine? Any major things you pick up? If so its best to get the car running 100% before changing other bits.

If not and it is, fire away! AmD tuning is good for remap, well I think anyway, if you're wanting that of course.

Last edited:
well yeah i cant find any faults on it no warning lights boosts fine no smoke or anyyhing
may take it to my mate and just plug it in to see if anything comes up but yeah that link gave me loads of lil ideas i never saw any where else like the s2k filter and stuff, also i got told the lcr fuel rail is a good choice any thoughts ? obv get it done with a remap if i choose it lol? but amd is very close to me so i was going to go to them for moat of the work

All depending what you want out of it, or what you're trying to achieve. Getting a fuel rail, a new one at that with a remap, you'll also need to upgrade the air intake, so you get full usage out of it, however, its not a major thing to have, as it can wait.

Getting one now on a stock car would mean you basically wasting more fuel for no gain, as your BHP goes up then maybe look into one, I wouldn't advise it till later on in the tuning stage if you're looking to go that far

:yes:

Last edited:
yeah i wasny going to get a rail unless i remap it but i wanna do other stuff first and also what does everyone thing on the s2k air filter seems like a legit thing ?

yeah i wasny going to get a rail unless i remap it but i wanna do other stuff first and also what does everyone thing on the s2k air filter seems like a legit thing ?

They're a good quality air filter, one definitely worth looking into, produced by K&N as far as I'm aware, my advice is stick with K&N which I've also got, have a shop about, see which one you might redeem best for you, as you've got quite a big price range with them, from about £50 to £180+ which comes with coolant pipes too.

Last edited:
Fuel rail? Why the hell would anybody ever change that?
If its an AGU then its a k03 not k03s.
AMD are basic but tolerably acceptable but there are much, much better places out there.

The link the ever helpful Tuffty posted contains every bit of information you could ever really need, Jardo is a very annoying muppet gob****e :) ( he knows I like him really ) but wrote an excellent post which will explain everything you need to know....

it may be a ko3 standard but it has a ko3s on it now which i fitted was going to put on my old one but never got round to it, and thanks i will look into the filter thanks for advice, and as for fuel rail i got told it was better to get a better one when you have played around a bit and got more power ? only really wondering what people think lol

that link was very very helpful gave me loads of ideas that i never thought off yeah amazing thread sure knows his stuff