chrome mirrors

Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can get chrome mirrors for my 2000 xreg facelift S3. like the one's defratos has just fitted a few posts down from this. cheers!

Send RichA3Turbo a PM (JBR Performance).

He will sort you out...

You can get original Audi part from Audi, Vagparts(.com), or eBay. Brand new genuine ones can go for anything between £400-£600, although there are sometimes bargains to be had. Watch out on eBay though; as with anything on there you have to keep your eyes peeled for rip-offs, fakes and commonly in this case, stolen items (a few members of the boards have had their genuine aluminium mirrors pinched).

If you want something a little kinder to the pocket, there are reasonable replicas available from a company called in.pro. They're ABS plastic and a direct bolt-on replacement mirror cover (not like a stick-over-the-top addition). OK they're not as durable as the genuine part, but they go for around £70/£80 (sometimes cheaper if you shop around), and if you keep them relatively clean (free from salt etc.) they will stay smart long enough for you to get more than your money's worth (and add to that they're a) less likely to get pinched if discovered to be ABS, and b) cheaper to replace if nicked). The only other difference is that they're a polished-chrome effect finish, as opposed to a brushed finish on the Audi parts commonly found on S3s...

I've got some of the in.pro replicas on my A3 at the moment (which I bought from our very own RichA3Turbo - http://www.jbrperformance.co.uk), and I'm happy with them. I know a couple of the S3 chaps on here have them too. Maybe if I'm flush one month I'll consider the real deal, but there are other priorities for that kind of money...

There are a couple of pictures of my A3 with the in.pro covers fitted at the top of this page -> http://www.robvanguard.co.uk/a3/.

Hope that helps, regards,

Rob.

Thanks for that Rob. They really finish your car off a treat. Ive sent Rich a PM.
If he has some i will definatly get some off him.
When hopefully i have i'll post some pics.
Thanks a lot!!!!