over revving and revving weird

hopey88

Reaction score
Hi, My 2002 s3 Had a load of vacuum pipes and breathers replaced last week sue to cracks and splits thinking it would cure the over revving but now its still doing and when it hits 3k it will jump to 3.5k really quick and sounds like a automatic gear box......weird i know but can anyone help??? Also sounds like a jet plane when spooling up...possible red hose split?

Weird revving normally is clutch position sensor £13 from TPS easy fit. Worth a try. Search it on here

Sean

if its doing this whilst in gear and driving the only way the revs can flare up is clutch slip or wheelspin

Ah right, even when i'm on 5th or 6th (but no other gear) just cruising and when i go past 3k it sounds like a auto but the clutch has not been engaged??

I think clutch slip would occur mostly in 3rd or 4th when driving hard.............have you got vcds mate?

Ah right, even when i'm on 5th or 6th (but no other gear) just cruising and when i go past 3k it sounds like a auto but the clutch has not been engaged??

so.......... that would be clutch slip as I suggested earlier.
highest load and highest torque delivery is where a weak end of life clutch will show itself dude.

time for a new one