Replacement MAF now faulty, but unsure on replacing...

JD09

I'm not modding, I'm improving
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Have a query about replacing a recently replaced MAF (under 12 months old). Car has started showing signs of the previous issue ("funny" on cold starts, low on power g/m2 etc).

Place that reconciled the issue by replacing the MAF in the first place has said that he needs to see which type of MAF he fitted, gen Audi one or a Bosch OEM one. To prove it's faulty, the latter option just needs a straight swap by him, but the former needs taking to an Audi dealership, paying them one hour's labour to test it and prove it is the MAF and then (and only then) will they refund the 1 hours labour and replace the faulty MAF...

Now, that to me sent the BS 'o' meter off the scale, but wondered if anyone else has run into this before? Worst comes to worst, I'll replace it myself for £60 trade in a ECP/TPS etc, but it's the principal of "not fit for use" that ****** me off...

All thoughts welcomed.

TPS/VAG returns policy is an actual Joke/Farse and why I do not use MAF's from them....

They are no better than any other Bosch sourced MAF, they are all remanufactured items on Exchange only (or surcharged)

So that's the correct process? Christ, what a malarky!! I'll talk to them. Cheers both.