Engine management light on help?

miniturhero

Reaction score
Hi all after a little help , I noticed that one of my pipes had got brittle and split so I made a temp repair until I had time to get a pipe from the salvage yard or audi. The repair lasted a week or so with no problems but yesterday I was trying to brighten up my headlights when I heard a POP! I look in the engine bay and found that the same pipe had split again but this time I don't think I would be able to temp repair as there's not much to join to but I noticed today that my engine management light has appeared. I haven't noticed the car hesitating under acceleration to anything like that so I was wondering if that split pipe had anything to do with it and if this is a common problem and if anyone has had it happen to them? I've put a pic below of the split pipe

Thats the PCV pipe and yes they split all the time...

Get the car scanned for faults though as a CEL only normally comes on for something fairly serious (with a big air leak like that I suspect a too lean code)

<tuffty/>

Cheers mate I was hoping it would be something like that rather than something very serious like something failing or being very expensive. By the way I really enjoyed your thread on you turbo mate made very good reading and hope all is well with it looked wicked and I'm like you like to keep the oem look don't want people knowing too much about what's going on under the bonnet. Cheers for the reply mate I will get one from audi soon as or can you get it in silicone ?