RS6 alloys spray or not to spray?

miniturhero

Reaction score
Hi guys after a bit of advise in a new s3 owner , I purchased my s3 and got some RS6 alloys but the previous owner wasnt exactly good at parking looking anat the state of em so considered refurbing myself and maybe spraying them black or gun metal grey. Wondered if anyone had any input on if I should or colour that would suit them ?
20130901_165046_zpse0e3f94c.jpg

20130901_165056_zps7b8c6b10.jpg

20130901_165112_zpsc667eda8.jpg

To be honest the pics dont do it justice they look alright on there but trust me there horribly stuffed and battered.

Yes mate do it, but do it properly sanding them down with various grits, filler primer, primer, paint, and laquer i would say black but tbh most colours will go with black car.

Yeah will do , yeah I personally thought black would be the way forward I will get some materials together and I will put pics up as o do them

I'm old so say stick with silver.
Think its Simonize do a "5 wheel silver" tin of paint that should do the job.
As previously mentioned, Take your time, sand them down & fill the deep gouges with filler & re-sand.
A coat of primer, silver on top & 2-3 coats of laquer.
I've done a few in the past & they come up nice.
If you buy a few tins of the same silver, its easy to re fill & match if you kerb them again.

Handy for me with the missus driving! if they were left in her hands without touching up, I could saw timber with them after 6 months!

Lol I am going to speak to a friend of the family as he is a sprayer and find out what colours I can get I think I might try and see what kinds of silver I can get before I settle on black even tho black was my first thought .

I personally think stick to silver on your colour car

Rather than pay extra for a colour change get them refurbed to a normal silver and add a set of spacers :)

Lol I am going to speak to a friend of the family as he is a sprayer and find out what colours I can get I think I might try and see what kinds of silver I can get before I settle on black even tho black was my first thought .

If you stick with the OEM colour and just repair the damage then the Wurth wheel paint and lacquer is an exact match for VAG wheels and does a very good job.

I sprayed a set of VW Montreal 2 wheels with it and the results were awesome and I have very little experience with painting.

Thanks p1tse and jimS3 for he advise I think I'm defiantly going to get a set of spacers.