replacement stereo

joe_echo

Reaction score
Ive just started having the dreaded volume issue with the concert radio in my 2000 A3 Tdi 8l, its either full or off. I'm now looking to replace it with an aftermarket model but I don't want it looking like a teenagers wet dream.

Something that blends nicely with the audi dash and ideally has red lighting to match the current backlights, ipod connectivity and bluetooth would be a bonus.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

I've got the 80PRS and you can change it's lighting in both keys and display to about 20 different colours including red. This headunit is very high end and comes with a full 3-way active built-in DSP.

I should have said I don't really want to spend more than £130.

do you have a bose system? if you do you will need an adapter and be prepare for not quite as good sound quality, thats what iv found with mine.

do you have a bose system? if you do you will need an adapter and be prepare for not quite as good sound quality, thats what iv found with mine.

Mines bose and with my alpine headunit and 12 inch sub sounds the tits tbh mate

In my experience and according to what I've read it doesn't matter what you buy. With known brands you usually get exactly what you pay for, at least that's a good rule of thumb in Norway for beginners (I'm not implying anything). If you have reqs like red lightning, then I'd look at Pioneer only because a lot of them offer colored lightning.

Mines bose and with my alpine headunit and 12 inch sub sounds the tits tbh mate

What adapter do you use mate, I have the ct53 au04 adaptor and got poping and crackling and allsorts. May just be my setup :/

Mines just the standard system, so no bose.

I did find this though JVC KD-R841BT. What else wouldu need to replace the system?