Please help!! Whining noise at low revs!!

Someone will be along soon who probably knows the problem mate but off the video I can't hear anything or see it that well !
may suggest uploading a better video.

also when was your haldex last serviced? Any problems with gearbox selecting gears or selecting gears at high revs? When was clutch and flywheel last done? Check your service history for other info to eliminate problems first.......

I think everyone will ask for a bit more info mate . Apart from jaardo he will tell you that you should of bought an a3 not an s3.

Sean

cheers for the reply Sean,

Sorry about the video its the best i could do yesterday whilst in the car. The noise can be heard slightly at 4s on the video, and then more prevalent at 8-10 sec!
The noise is definitely coming from the engine bay area, or at least in front of me when sitting in the car.
I don't have any problems with the gear box, selecting gears high or low.
When the noise does occur and i accelerate, the noise goes away. The same can be said when decelerating.

My car spec:
2000 s3 (AMK)
35000 miles
Standard apart from Badger5 Tip, which is when the noise started.

I will check through the car service later today. It last had a service 3 months ago, but I cant say now if the haldex was checked/serviced.

Thanks for the help, hopefully someone will know whats going on!

Jordan

oh and about the A3 or S3. The S3 seemed more responsive and was more comfortable. But im sure Jaardo will disagree with his beast!

Oh mate I think your b5 tip has come away from the billet adaptor if right version .

just needs re fitting properly with bead of red high temp on the billet........ Check the fitting sticky bill did.
or pm bill or tuffty they can help .

cheers, Sean

check pipes around the TIp for being secure.. maybe you disturbed something... did you follow the guide for fitting it?

TIP does'nt cause a whine.. I cant hear it on the video either I'm afraid

Thanks Bill for getting back to me so quick,
I will check around the pipes etc tonight. I actually gave it to a mechanic to fit, i will try and get a better video tonight. I will take it back to the mechanic on the weekend if i cant get it sorted. Just worried it may be a turbo whine, but mine doesn't seem to have the same problems as others have listed.

Hi Bill.
Mine is the 2.2 with JR filer and shield. I meant the same symptoms as a failing or faulty turbo. Been loving the tip since fitted! Just got this annoying/worrying noise and was trying to rule out things like turbo problems.

Cheers,

Jordan

Hi guys,
Thought i would give a heads up incase anyone else has the problem stated above. Anyway i bought a forge 007p second hand, on the hope that my OE DV was the source of the problem. I cleaned the new DV using the stickies as a guide (thank you), placed on the car and it was a success. No annoying noise, been 2 days and I hope it stays away!!
I am a total mechanic novice and wouldn't have been able to do it without the help from stickies and photo guides, so thanks you.

Jordan