good deal?

pilotboy

Reaction score
First off, thank for the insurance help, managed to go from £6000 down to £1200(tesco). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gifMy job meant that i was in the high risk band wich doesn't help.

Anyway i think i've found the one, what do you think pricewise for---

2003(03) 4500miles
Silver , Standard Wheels
alu mirrors , Arm Rest
Black leather , Climat Control
Bose , Muti CD
Sunroof
ALL for £22250

I think its a good buy, what are your opinions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sounds reasonable.

Go for it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Golf Bygone said:
No way. Chip it with Revo so it's undetectable and claim the warranty. I've not heard any cases of Audi detecting Revo using their diagnostics.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Revo programmes changes the maximum allowable revs and this reigisters in the codes and on the newer models brings up the undeletable code 'rev limiter exceeded' this is waving a big red flag that will tell them you have been up to something!

[ QUOTE ]
The Revo programmes changes the maximum allowable revs and this reigisters in the codes and on the newer models brings up the undeletable code 'rev limiter exceeded' this is waving a big red flag that will tell them you have been up to something!

[/ QUOTE ] whats is the limit?

Bought my S3 from 1999 for € 28.500 (in June 2003)
Lookt all over the place here in Holland and even that was an good offer.

Your so lucky over there in England, they give the cars almost away.

LOL

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] naaaaa cars cost way too much here...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Riz S3 said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] naaaaa cars cost way too much here...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But in Holland we get shafted more than the UK!! That's why I imported from Germany, which did save me a shed load, but is far from ideal!!

[ QUOTE ]
Moresauce said:
[ QUOTE ]
Golf Bygone said:
No way. Chip it with Revo so it's undetectable and claim the warranty. I've not heard any cases of Audi detecting Revo using their diagnostics.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Moursauce, I am yet to hear a realiable source that confrims that this is actually true, I have heard here say only....no facts, so i think we can discount it until such time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Gambba, having seen the actions of someone who was in this postion they were very worried that they will caught out. Now if Revo was totally undectable why would they be so worried.

Most of the comments surrounding tuners are hearsay anyway until you get them on a rolling road and get the hard facts!

My point really is if the only reason you are choosing the Revo system is becasue it is 'undectectable' then it MAY not be as undectable as first thought. Audi are clearly aware of the tuning products existence and there are even rumours that Lincoln Audi are fitting it so there will have ways of checking etc. very soon.

I would imagine that using some software to detect was had been loaded into the car ECU was easier than opening the ECU box up to physically see a chip. Also apparently the ECU has to go back to the factory to be opened so obviously it is more hassle for Audi. In these times of tighter margins on cars etc. I just belive that Audi will be looking to minimise payouts under warranties and therefore if they can avoid it they will.

With this one only time will tell.

Sorry bit of a long post there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif to get back to the original point of the thread, get yourself an audi you love it then look at all the tuning and modification routes available!

Moresauce,

First you confidently claim that a check exists on the rev limit that will detect Revo programming, then you admit later it's all hearsay. I don't mean to get at you but this sums up the urban myths surrounding detection of Revo. The only case of detection I am aware of was someone allegedly snitching to Audi. It had nothing to do with their diagnostics.

I agree though that with tighter margins, dealers are going to be looking for reasons not to honour warranties, etc. We should all be on our guard and the best advice is to come clean, pay the extra on insurance and live a little less dangerously.

Oh look - a pig just flew past the office. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

There is a rev limit exceded code in the bosche ECU. I was told by mitch that they just move it up along with the rev limit in chipped mode (as do APR), so it never flags up. Quite easy to do apparently, which is why i'm surprised all tuners don't do it.

I was speaking to a VAG dealer recently who has been chipping cars for many years. They told me that they couldn't recall a single failiure that they could pin on chipping.

Read around all the VAG forums in the US and europe and find a single post that says 'my engine/gearbox blew up, and the dealer denied my warentee because the cars chipped'

Stop worrying, tell your insurance company, and enjoy!

[ QUOTE ]
Golf Bygone said:
Moresauce,

First you confidently claim that a check exists on the rev limit that will detect Revo programming,

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't remember using the word confidential in any of my posts??? It just seems odd to me because when other tuners started there was friendly rivalry but not this legal battle etc.

Someone who had damaged part of their engine was advised (not by me) that because the Revo system lifts the rev limiter that the ECU diagnostics log once a certain limit has been past.

As I said previously a lot is hearsay (not the c**p band /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif), but that applies to all sides of the argument and so I suggest we wait and see what happens with the court case. As for declaring mods wether it be to Audi or to your insurer it will always be down to personal choice....