Fountains of knowledge give me your opinion, ( brakes).

s33nyboy12

Reaction score
Right guys, I'm changing my front pads and whilst I'm doing it these are my plans....

new pads EBC yellow stuff
Goodridge braided hoses front and rear
some new 5.1 brake fluid ( can someone tell me which is best)

im on a budget, and I've been told and read previously that the above products together will make for a nice improvement on OEM brakes.

cheers in advance. Sean

Right guys, I'm changing my front pads and whilst I'm doing it these are my plans....

new pads EBC yellow stuff
Goodridge braided hoses front and rear
some new 5.1 brake fluid ( can someone tell me which is best)

im on a budget, and I've been told and read previously that the above products together will make for a nice improvement on OEM brakes.

cheers in advance. Sean

ATE super blue race fluid is good. It is classed at a DOT 4.0 fluid, but withstands high temps. As it is bright blue it is easy to tell when you have bled all the old fluid out.

Always used HEL braided hoses with good results, but Goodrich are the same thing. Had some VERY bad experiences with EBC pads many years go, hopefully they have improved recently. Have you looked at the ferodo options?

Reactions: s33nyboy12
No to EBC.

DS2500 pads and ATE Super Blue fluid (20% off on euro car parts online).

Done.

HEL hoses are cheap enough. ATE super blue is also cheap, only better fluid is motul RBF660 but its double the wedge.Dont think many will recommend ebc pads, try find ferrodo ds2000, cheaper than ds2500 but westy reports they are just as good for ROAD USE. Any plain discs suffice.

Reactions: JudderMan and s33nyboy12
HEL hoses are cheap enough. ATE super blue is also cheap, only better fluid is motul RBF660 but its double the wedge.Dont think many will recommend ebc pads, try find ferrodo ds2000, cheaper than ds2500 but westy reports they are just as good for ROAD USE. Any plain discs suffice.

I agree with this of its going to be road use.

- HEL hoses
- plain discs
- Super Blue fluid
- DS2000 aka Ferodo fast road pads

as above really. The best money here is spent on the pads above anything else.

don't get ebc yellows, get the best pads you can stretch to. Westys ds2k sound like they're half decent.

Thanks a lot guys, the people I wanted to reply with their experience have so much appreciated.

i think for the extra £40 I will go ds2500 as my wheels are black anyway so won't see the stupid amount of brake dust as much, I'll save a tenner by buying HEL lines that someone above mentioned rather than Goodrich .

cheers again.
Sean

Reactions: Prawn