turbo boost?

edwin98

Reaction score
Does somebody know of the boost of the turbo on an s3 is constant? Or is there somethink like a temporary boost?

I know some car's have this, but doesn't know of my s3 has it. Somethimes it feels a lot quicker when you floor it.

there is an initial boost (overboost) if you floor it, I think it can hit something like 2.1 bar then settle down to around 1.3 ~ 1.4 bar.

not sure about the exact numbers but sure about the initial boost spike. somehwere on this site there is a graph that shows it

1.3 bar is right - you can get 1.5 bar with the Revo chip setting the SPS3 to high boost 9, timing 7, or so I am reliably informed.

[ QUOTE ]
lost_it said:
there is an initial boost (overboost) if you floor it, I think it can hit something like 2.1 bar then settle down to around 1.3 ~ 1.4 bar.

[/ QUOTE ]

2.1 bar...no way!...unless you are refering to absolute pressure not gauge pressure.

From what I remember my standard boost was about 1.1 bar boost (gauge) so this maybe where you are getting the 2.1 figure from.

I've blown IC hoses off at 1.8 bar gauge (2.8 bar absolute)...there's no way 2.1 is used as an overboost.

I can run at 1.85 bar G peak...dropping back to 1.35 G sustained. I have tried many things to get more than 1.35 bar sustained boost at the rev limiter, but the K04 just can't move enough air to keep over 1.3 bar G of pressure at 6000 RPM.

On my S3 1.85 bar G peak boost equates to 330+ lb-ft of torque...2.1 bar would be incredible.

As I said I am not sure about the numbers but am sure about the spike... So not sure what your point is.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif