How does S3 compare to TT mk1

p1tse

Reaction score
I had a mk1 TT with vagcheck custom remap, forge dv, bmc intake, blueflame exhaust, r32 arbs and some styling items

Got rid because of kids. Now both kids are in forward facing seats I'm thinking of a S3 as prices seem decent enough

What's it like against a mk1 tt. Anyone else have kids in the back?
This will be our second car so don't need massive of space but just enough for nursery and school runs.

I think the boot will be your limiting factor, the S3 doesn't have a huge boot but plentiful for the weekly shop, that's about it really.

What's the drive and feedback like, am I right to assume pretty much the same?

Boots not an issue, as its our second car.
Its got to be bigger than our current mk1 ka :)

If it was a 225tt then it is exactly the same as an S3. Chassis, engine, sus, power, drive etc. Only very minor differences but to most people they would feel identical.
The S3 is far cooler tho, obv

The S3 boot is quite big, obviously not as big as the TT boot.
If you not storing spare wheels in there you will be fine but as Karl said pretty much same as S3.

No the s3 boot is bigger! Well deeper anyhow. I've seen a TT boot, isn't bigger than mine!

TT225 will have ESP... some of the early S3s won't have.

Plus the TT will have the larger wishbones compared to early S3s that have the smaller inner bushes as the TT got recalled to get them replaced.

So did the s3 kwistof.

:uhm:

Sorry Dani...but so did the S3 what exactly....ESP or larger wishbones?

I have neither ESP or the larger size wishbones....which is how Audi made it back in late 1999 (car was registered 4/1/2000)

I don't think that every S3 pre/post 8L chassis has the 30mm wishbones tbh. I thought they switched to the larger ones around 2001 ish.

Sorry I should have been clearer, s3's got recalled for the smaller wishbone bushes as well, I only know of 3 s3's that have had the 30mm bushes (including mine and yours), well have just got lucky and the previous owners just never did or got the recall.

Sorry I should have been clearer, s3's got recalled for the smaller wishbone bushes as well,

Almost 100% sure they didn't fella...

I called up Audi when I first purchased my S3 some 5-6 years ago and this was the only recall they had on my 2000 model of car, which had already been done at an Audi garage in London.

Recall Details for AUDI - A3, S3 and TT

AFAIK the rear axle ball joint (in the link above) and coil packs on the S3 were the only 2 things that were ever recalled on all years of the 8L S3.

More than happy to be proven wrong though and find out if I can get other things replaced....or get a free set of wishbones out of them :D lol

Either way if you replace the wishbone now you`ll get the larger "safer" bushes as they superseeded over.