After some thoughts really on what you would say is the issue.
Having had my cambelt service done Mid june (water pump inc) -Awesome GTI
I have not really done much mileage(~1600 since 14/06/13) to get the temperature up its around 14-15mile round trip to work.
I attempted a trip at weekend from Blackburn to Blackpool however by the time I had reached Preston the warning light had come on for overheated.
Following this I did a few quick checks:
My conclusion would be that the waterpump is knackered, has anyone else had similar issues?
- Radiator fan = not on
- Multimeter on Radiator fan = no power
- Fuses (drivers side/engine) = all okay
- Coolant hose to radiator (top) = Very hot
- Radiator = Cold
- Coolant hose from radiator (bottom) = Cold
- Bleeder hose into the filler bottle = Drip feeding
Thanks in advance!!!