please help p0322 code and no spark

jay106

Reaction score
Hi i bout a very clean audi a3 52 plate 84k as non runner plugged my scanner into it and getting p0322 code and got no spark has anyone come across this and where would the sensor be.thanks

Hi i bout a very clean audi a3 52 plate 84k as non runner plugged my scanner into it and getting p0322 code and got no spark has anyone come across this and where would the sensor be.thanks
auq engine code

16706/P0322/000802 - Ross-Tech Wiki

16706/P0322/000802 - Engine Speed Sensor (G28): No Signal
Possible Symptoms

Engine shuts off
Engine doesn't start
Speedometer inoperative
Glow Plug Indicator Lamp (K29) flashes

Possible Causes

Engine Speed Sensor (G28) loose
Engine Speed Sensor (G28) faulty

Possible Solutions

Check Engine Speed Sensor (G28)

Special Notes

The Engine Speed Sensor (G28) is also used as a reference sensor for the crankshaft position.

Other words... crank sensor...

<tuffty/>

ok thanks would this stop it sparking it was running then went to start it and it wouldn't fire no spark

ok thanks would this stop it sparking it was running then went to start it and it wouldn't fire no spark

Yes... if the crank sensor isn't working then the ecu won't even now went to spark....

<tuffty/>

ok thanks how much are they about? and where is it on the engine thanks for your help

Over £100. I got mine for £80ish though after abit of haggling at Tps (can tell I'm asain, almost as bad as joe :p). Bit of a ****** to get out but Harlem shake that thing out.

you sure they're that much Gops?

I paid £23 at GSF for one when mine went, 15 minute job to swap it over :)

you sure they're that much Gops?

I paid £23 at GSF for one when mine went, 15 minute job to swap it over :)
right a trip to euro car parts and £13 later all up on the button so happy days but stil got water going into oil oil cooler ok so thinking head gasket

Yeah I went to Tps didn't I! I'm sure it was that that cost me that much.. Got the receipt somewhere..