springs

ALISDAIR

Reaction score
hope somebody can help i hav bought the eibach pro kit springs and they lower the car by 25mm front and 20mm at the back will i hav to buy the rear link arms or not as i spoke to somebody who has done 5000 miles he tells me on the same kit and his rear tyres dont look any worse for inside wear than mine and mine has been standerd ride height untill recently,has anybody had problems with excessive tyre wear or is it just when you lower the car in excess of 20mm that this ocurs any info would be great thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

would like to help but ive only just had mine done a couple of weeks ago. Moving away from your main question....i'm not that happy with eibachs at the moment but mine might be slightly diff to yours as there different springs for the quattro. The front only looks fractionally lower its not that noticeable but i have heard it can take a year to settle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Where s the back looks a lot lower. Must say tho the ride is near on the same in comfort plus u get better handling! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

OOOPS thought u had a fwd just seen its an S3 my apologies!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
would like to help but ive only just had mine done a couple of weeks ago. Moving away from your main question....i'm not that happy with eibachs at the moment but mine might be slightly diff to yours as there different springs for the quattro. The front only looks fractionally lower its not that noticeable but i have heard it can take a year to settle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Where s the back looks a lot lower. Must say tho the ride is near on the same in comfort plus u get better handling! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Same story here, I'm running Eibach springs with Bilstein shocks, back was lowered a lot, front little or no movement, but it does handle better... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

32735-loweredS3%20copy.jpg

what bilstein shocks are you using if u dont mind me asking it was the eibach pro kit springs i bought and they say the ride height is 20mm down on the rear and 25mm on the front

[ QUOTE ]
what bilstein shocks are you using if u dont mind me asking it was the eibach pro kit springs i bought and they say the ride height is 20mm down on the rear and 25mm on the front

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not 100% sure, will find out tomorrow for you, as I still have the boxes in the garage.

Same story here, I'm running Eibach springs with Bilstein shocks, back was lowered a lot, front little or no movement, but it does handle better... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

JOJO thing is your car still has that slight angle ( more nose heavy looking) if you get what i mean. I really like that but since i had the springs fitted the car looks too level now....if anything it looks like the front is higher!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif i'm just hoping in time it will settle. Tempted to put the old springs back in the rear and leave the eibachs on the front but will that make the handling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif?

E4-VP1 for the rears,
F4-VE3 for the fronts.
And pro-kit springs.

They don't actually list a kit for the S3, so these are the part numbers for S3 fitment.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is the other way round /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif High at the back and low at the front.

I'm not running the Bilsteins, but I've got the Eibach Pros. I've done about 10K on them as well, so I don't think they are going to change much now!

hi there mark thanks for info , do you hav the adjustable rear tie bars?,if not how are your tyres wearing?