Pulsing interior light

Dom Knight

Reaction score
Back in the summer when it was really hot the car alarm kept going off.
And it was about then I noticed that the interior overhead lights started to pulse on and off.
So I turned of the interior light.
But about a month ago I turned it back on and it no longer pulsed.
However today it started to pulse again when we went out.
I was wondering if the light pulsing means something else like something failing or something that needs looking at.

It's normally one of the door lock sensors on te blink. Mine did this in te summer too and I can also hear a click around the ignition area. I find slamming the doors seems to solve it for a bit.

I had the same problem... ended up being my boot latch not been shut properly.. I ended up taking it out re greasing and never had the problem again!!

Same as Westy, I just walk around the car opening and closing all the doors, usually does the trick, think it's my passenger door that's the problem on mine

When my drivers door dropped and I had it re-alinded the latch makes a rattling noise as you drive along.
I will look at that and the hatch lid lock too as I had to replace that lock this year.
I blame the wife as it only happens when she drives the car.

Same here, when my passenger door opens the light pulses! Opening drivers door or closing passenger door stops the pulsing.

I had this on my previous 8L, my 1.8T quattro. I replaced the 'strike plate' door-lock mechanism in the door and it cured it. There's a microswitch in the mechanism which you can't source as a distinct part.

I've got it again right now on my 8L TDI quattro and I replaced the mechanism again last week- no result.