Driveshaft help please

daz-20vt

Reaction score
Guys. Ive had this horrible vibration through my steering, pedals and pretty kuch the whole car. AT 80MPH plus the wheel feels like its going to fall off. Ive had all the wheels balanced by 4 places now. No fix. So i was told it was the inside nearside fron cv joint. So they replaced the driveshaft and still doing it. Maybe even worse. I jacked the car up and spun the wheels. It doesnt sound right to me. But im no expert. So do these need any time to run in and where do i check for play etc. If i spin the wheel the joint by the wheel spind immidiately. However the engine side takes quite a bit of turn before it will follow. Is this right? Surely both ends should be instant? Any help would be awesome thanks guys. Its really bad. And like always becoming costly. Daz

Sounds like the cv joint. When you replaced it did you replace the entire driveshaft including new cvs?

The whole driveshaft was changed. I can rock the wheel back and forth around 10mm.the cv hub end moves with the wheel but theres the 10mm play the gearbox end. I had it done for me as im not great with cars. Thanks for the reply. Daz

I know its a stupid question but have you check the driveshaft to transmission flange bolts to make sure they are tight. They require a 4 square bit to tighten them up.

I only ask as my drive shaft fell away from my transmission a while ago and it was down to loose bolts.

I havent no. Ill get the garage to check them at the same time. Im taking it back in as theres far too kuch play for it jot to be an issue with the driveshaft in some way. Thanks for the advice. Daz