TT v S3

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone know which is quicker?
My mate bought a tt roadster and then I purchased an s3 and I blagged him that its been revoed but which would be quicker as standard 225 brake?
P.S. He isn't a hairdresser /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know which is quicker?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing in it...they are in effect the same car under the skin.

[ QUOTE ]

My mate bought a tt roadster and then I purchased an s3 and I blagged him that its been revoed but which would be quicker as standard 225 brake?

[/ QUOTE ]

In real terms...nothing.
The driver would make the difference.

I drove both before buying theb S3...as in my view it handles slightly better and was far easier to drive faster...so in my case, the S3 is faster point to point, than a TT.

But the differences are small.

Technically, a 225 S3 should have a slight edge over a 225 TT because it's fractionally lighter...but on the road you'd be pushed to tell.

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. He isn't a hairdresser /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Yeah right!

People often say the S3 just edges it in handling (nothing is performance) but if this is the case then I want explanations from all the S3 drivers that I used to overtake on track days in my TT.

As mentioned above, in reality there's nothing in it if you're talking about a TT Coupe. If a Roadster then the S3 should win.

on the handling front do you think the difference is in the wheel base???

The S3 and R32 are the same but the TT is slightly shorter wheelbase.

I didn`t know this until we had a RR day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the info
I'll still be blagging him its been revoed,as a christmas pressie I bought him a beauty set from toys-r-us and wrapped it up and presented it to him in front a few workmates....he really appreciated it in front of a few other hairy ***** welders