tdi 110-pd130 upgrade

egesford

Reaction score
got a pd130 golf donor vehicle, thinking of swapping turbos. obviously ive got all the required parts just wondering about the ECU. I had it remapped by revo, so am i right in thinking it will be 'blocked'? if so will the ecu from the pd130 work or am i going to need another one from a 110? cheers

got a pd130 golf donor vehicle, thinking of swapping turbos. obviously ive got all the required parts just wondering about the ECU. I had it remapped by revo, so am i right in thinking it will be 'blocked'? if so will the ecu from the pd130 work or am i going to need another one from a 110? cheers

If you are just swapping turbo then yes the 110 ecu will work, don't know whether revo lock the ecu on that model or not tho.

If you swap the engine from your doner vehicle you will need to take ecu, wiring loom, gearbox, driveshafts, hubs.

The brakes of the 110 are also not up to power increases. The carriers are built into the hubs on 110. If you have access to the brakes on the 130 model, take the hubs, calipers and carriers.

yea its just the turbo, the 110 engine has lower mileage and has had stupid amounts of work done to it. didnt realize the brakes were any different tbh, may aswell swap them if they're better