amd results

JUS3IN

14.0 @ 98mph 2s 60ft
Reaction score
hey all, just got back from amd, had a very pleasent morning there chatting to the guys and people there, they showed us around the racecars aswell. they told me the car is very healthy for an old car has 0 fault codes and is running very well, it was a different story for alot of the cars there recently!
They said that the cheap digital boost guage (race x) is miss reading and wants throwing, and that i'm running 1.3 bar. all in all im very happy and glad the torque is a bit lower for reliability reasons since jardo said 275bhp 275torques would be a nice balance.
DSC 1171DSC 1173

also ive noticed since fitting the fmic the water temp is dropping right down below 60 degrees when cruising at 70 on the motorway, if i boost around a little it picks up then drops back when i cruise again? all happens very slowly over minutes, needle not flying around...? during town driving she sitts at 90 deg

Very nice.

You could have said hello to my car while you were there!

Hope you enjoy the results.

Reactions: Sandra
fitted another boost gauge and she's now reading 21-22psi then tailing off too 18ish as the redline approaches so the gauge was ****e, no spiking at all...

also bought a thermostat and some coolant, it didnt do it at all for the last hour of driving, seems to be only after 15mins of very light 70mph cruise?

me and my friend went for a blast like car friends do after a remap returned and we was shocked after touching the alloy intercooler pipes (that stick through the bumper on mine) hot side felt warm cold side ice cold after a good run, epic that welly cooler! good advice people!-)

white with 6 pots 8p? very nice but needs a wash:p

Sounds about right!

The joke at AMD is that it usually leaves cleaner than it arrives.......or that the real colour isn't white,but "off" white.

fitted another boost gauge and she's now reading 21-22psi then tailing off too 18ish as the redline approaches so the gauge was ****e, no spiking at all...

also bought a thermostat and some coolant, it didnt do it at all for the last hour of driving, seems to be only after 15mins of very light 70mph cruise?

me and my friend went for a blast like car friends do after a remap returned and we was shocked after touching the alloy intercooler pipes (that stick through the bumper on mine) hot side felt warm cold side ice cold after a good run, epic that welly cooler! good advice people!-)

Nothing like a big intercooler.....really does make a big difference when the boost is turned up....also fitted another boost gauge to mine,as the old one wouldn't go far enough round!

Nothing like a big intercooler.....really does make a big difference when the boost is turned up....also fitted another boost gauge to mine,as the old one wouldn't go far enough round!

lol, thats a great reason to have to fit one!-) been to santapod? must be in the 11 sec's?

lol, thats a great reason to have to fit one!-) been to santapod? must be in the 11 sec's?

Went as a spectator a couple of yrs ago.

Couldn't believe the noise and smell of the Top Fuel cars......as to mine,I value the gearbox too much!

I know it will comfortably deal with a V10 M5 and most of the AMGs,so it's good enough fun.

The previous gauge was part of a NewSouth package of gauge and mounting pod but the gauge ran out at 25psi,and getting anything that goes above 2bar and doesn't look like something from The Fast and the Furious is hard work,until I found this one....

racetech1_zpsdd7e6baf.jpg

Did you get a good look at the BTCC Honda....the detail on that is extraordinary,and Ben was explaining to me how much the parts on it cost,and what they run on the Golf,but the Golf isn't far off speed wise.

Last edited:
i know what you mean, s3's should be subtle they may be heavier than or japenese friends cars but less of a **** factor lol!-) we are going up for the saturday night special on oct 19th if you wanna come test the audi gearbox build quality:beerchug:

Reactions: S3Alex
i know what you mean, s3's should be subtle they may be heavier than or japenese friends cars but less of a **** factor lol!-) we are going up for the saturday night special on oct 19th if you wanna come test the audi gearbox build quality:beerchug:

Thats very kind.

If i possibly can,I'd love to,depending on work or if the car is fixed in time,and running properly.

saturday night special mate, rwyb till 9pm and its cheaper at night, only a tenner for as many runs as you like between 4pm and 9,,, me and my mate with his a3ts are going and my other mate with his 12k r5gtt and 5 of his forum friends wanna come... whether all or even half turn up on the day is debatable as always lol! we are camping sat night as theres entertainment and a beer tent:rock: jet car at night should be good too... your welcome to join us if ya want we are all pretty normal around 30yrs straight and beer drinkers!-)

thanks... still a nervous time though lol, waiting for things to break!-) touch wood the silver sleeper will be ok...

saturday night special mate, rwyb till 9pm and its cheaper at night, only a tenner for as many runs as you like between 4pm and 9,,, me and my mate with his a3ts are going and my other mate with his 12k r5gtt and 5 of his forum friends wanna come... whether all or even half turn up on the day is debatable as always lol! we are camping sat night as theres entertainment and a beer tent:rock: jet car at night should be good too... your welcome to join us if ya want we are all pretty normal around 30yrs straight and beer drinkers!-)

I might come along as I need to run my car since its remap. The figures in my signature were at 260bhp. I'm only 45 mins from Santa Pod so won't need to camp.

I might come along as I need to run my car since its remap. The figures in my signature were at 260bhp. I'm only 45 mins from Santa Pod so won't need to camp.

would be good to see the times you get with the new map

christ you got a 13.2 with 260bhp??? you musta been light!? and wont have to camp lol, its 50 percent about cars a 50 percent beer and hangover on the sunday lol! oh well another time dude...

westy you really got that with 260??

pm me if you get ya car done alex and wanna tag along, same goes for anyone else the more the merrier.

westy you really got that with 260??

pm me if you get ya car done alex and wanna tag along, same goes for anyone else the more the merrier.

Well what happened was, I was running revo stage 2 on a brand new K04. I then fitted a large port cylinder head, rods, new clutch, SMF, and an XS manifold. The injectors were maxed at this point so I was running a 4 bar FPR (only till my custom remap) and my WMI wasn't working. When I went to Inters I set the times in my signature.

Last October I went to RTech for the custom remap (with 550cc injectors and working WMI) and the first run they did on the rollers without touching a thing it put out 260bhp.

I Might come in my super heavy tank of an m3 , dying to try launch control with the smg . Just worried about knackering the gearbox..... Plus it's my birthday.....

well she aint blown up and is running really well, been a few weeks now. speed is deceiving with the resonated system, all my cars and bike have had really lairy exhausts, its a nice change must be getting old lol. santa pod is four weekends time then we'll see the results!-)