Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By S3Alex
  • 1 Post By JUS3IN

Thread: amd results

silver sleeper

Status

amd results

hey all, just got back from amd, had a very pleasent morning there chatting to the guys and people there, they showed us around the racecars aswell. they told me the car is very healthy for an old car has 0 fault codes and is running very well, it was a different story for alot of the cars there recently!
    They said that the cheap digital boost guage (race x) is miss reading and wants throwing, and that i'm running 1.3 bar. all in all im very happy and glad the torque is a bit lower for reliability reasons since jardo said 275bhp 275torques would be a nice balance.
    DSC_1171.jpgDSC_1173.jpg

also ive noticed since fitting the fmic the water temp is dropping right down below 60 degrees when cruising at 70 on the motorway, if i boost around a little it picks up then drops back when i cruise again? all happens very slowly over minutes, needle not flying around...? during town driving she sitts at 90 deg
    1999 apy s3, n249 delete, sai and n112 delete. bbs lm reps, s2000 filter, relentless v3 manifold, relentless downpipe and sports cat, scorpion cat back system, badger 5 v3 tip, bam rocker cover, push in coilpacks, toyosports fmic, amd remapped to 280.3 bhp and 263.9 lb/ft.

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Water pump broke or your car needs a new stat.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Looking good mate, nice figures
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Rarely neutral

Status
    Very nice.

You could have said hello to my car while you were there!

Hope you enjoy the results.

silver sleeper

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Looking good mate, nice figures
    thanks
    1999 apy s3, n249 delete, sai and n112 delete. bbs lm reps, s2000 filter, relentless v3 manifold, relentless downpipe and sports cat, scorpion cat back system, badger 5 v3 tip, bam rocker cover, push in coilpacks, toyosports fmic, amd remapped to 280.3 bhp and 263.9 lb/ft.

silver sleeper

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Very nice.

You could have said hello to my car while you were there!

Hope you enjoy the results.
    white with 6 pots 8p? very nice but needs a wash

silver sleeper

Status
    fitted another boost gauge and she's now reading 21-22psi then tailing off too 18ish as the redline approaches so the gauge was ****e, no spiking at all...

also bought a thermostat and some coolant, it didnt do it at all for the last hour of driving, seems to be only after 15mins of very light 70mph cruise?

me and my friend went for a blast like car friends do after a remap returned and we was shocked after touching the alloy intercooler pipes (that stick through the bumper on mine) hot side felt warm cold side ice cold after a good run, epic that welly cooler! good advice people!-)

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by justarn View Post
    white with 6 pots 8p? very nice but needs a wash
    Sounds about right!

The joke at AMD is that it usually leaves cleaner than it arrives.......or that the real colour isn't white,but "off" white.

Rarely neutral

Status
    fitted another boost gauge and she's now reading 21-22psi then tailing off too 18ish as the redline approaches so the gauge was ****e, no spiking at all...

also bought a thermostat and some coolant, it didnt do it at all for the last hour of driving, seems to be only after 15mins of very light 70mph cruise?

me and my friend went for a blast like car friends do after a remap returned and we was shocked after touching the alloy intercooler pipes (that stick through the bumper on mine) hot side felt warm cold side ice cold after a good run, epic that welly cooler! good advice people!-)
    Nothing like a big intercooler.....really does make a big difference when the boost is turned up....also fitted another boost gauge to mine,as the old one wouldn't go far enough round!

silver sleeper

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Nothing like a big intercooler.....really does make a big difference when the boost is turned up....also fitted another boost gauge to mine,as the old one wouldn't go far enough round!
    lol, thats a great reason to have to fit one!-) been to santapod? must be in the 11 sec's?

Rarely neutral

Status

amd results

lol, thats a great reason to have to fit one!-) been to santapod? must be in the 11 sec's?
    Went as a spectator a couple of yrs ago.

Couldn't believe the noise and smell of the Top Fuel cars......as to mine,I value the gearbox too much!

I know it will comfortably deal with a V10 M5 and most of the AMGs,so it's good enough fun.

The previous gauge was part of a NewSouth package of gauge and mounting pod but the gauge ran out at 25psi,and getting anything that goes above 2bar and doesn't look like something from The Fast and the Furious is hard work,until I found this one....

Did you get a good look at the BTCC Honda....the detail on that is extraordinary,and Ben was explaining to me how much the parts on it cost,and what they run on the Golf,but the Golf isn't far off speed wise.

silver sleeper

Status
    i know what you mean, s3's should be subtle they may be heavier than or japenese friends cars but less of a cock factor lol!-) we are going up for the saturday night special on oct 19th if you wanna come test the audi gearbox build quality
    S3Alex likes this.

Rarely neutral

Status
    i know what you mean, s3's should be subtle they may be heavier than or japenese friends cars but less of a cock factor lol!-) we are going up for the saturday night special on oct 19th if you wanna come test the audi gearbox build quality
    Thats very kind.

If i possibly can,I'd love to,depending on work or if the car is fixed in time,and running properly.

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    What's on at the pod on the 19th?
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

silver sleeper

Status
    saturday night special mate, rwyb till 9pm and its cheaper at night, only a tenner for as many runs as you like between 4pm and 9,,, me and my mate with his a3ts are going and my other mate with his 12k r5gtt and 5 of his forum friends wanna come... whether all or even half turn up on the day is debatable as always lol! we are camping sat night as theres entertainment and a beer tent jet car at night should be good too... your welcome to join us if ya want we are all pretty normal around 30yrs straight and beer drinkers!-)

Neutral

Status
    glad to hear you sorted your car out mate.

silver sleeper

Status
    thanks... still a nervous time though lol, waiting for things to break!-) touch wood the silver sleeper will be ok...

Status
    saturday night special mate, rwyb till 9pm and its cheaper at night, only a tenner for as many runs as you like between 4pm and 9,,, me and my mate with his a3ts are going and my other mate with his 12k r5gtt and 5 of his forum friends wanna come... whether all or even half turn up on the day is debatable as always lol! we are camping sat night as theres entertainment and a beer tent jet car at night should be good too... your welcome to join us if ya want we are all pretty normal around 30yrs straight and beer drinkers!-)
    I might come along as I need to run my car since its remap. The figures in my signature were at 260bhp. I'm only 45 mins from Santa Pod so won't need to camp.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I might come along as I need to run my car since its remap. The figures in my signature were at 260bhp. I'm only 45 mins from Santa Pod so won't need to camp.
    would be good to see the times you get with the new map

Status

amd results

Bugger! Just checked the diary. It's a no go

I'll try to get up there another time.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

silver sleeper

Status
    christ you got a 13.2 with 260bhp??? you musta been light!? and wont have to camp lol, its 50 percent about cars a 50 percent beer and hangover on the sunday lol! oh well another time dude...

silver sleeper

Status
    westy you really got that with 260??

pm me if you get ya car done alex and wanna tag along, same goes for anyone else the more the merrier.

Status
    westy you really got that with 260??

pm me if you get ya car done alex and wanna tag along, same goes for anyone else the more the merrier.
    Well what happened was, I was running revo stage 2 on a brand new K04. I then fitted a large port cylinder head, rods, new clutch, SMF, and an XS manifold. The injectors were maxed at this point so I was running a 4 bar FPR (only till my custom remap) and my WMI wasn't working. When I went to Inters I set the times in my signature.

Last October I went to RTech for the custom remap (with 550cc injectors and working WMI) and the first run they did on the rollers without touching a thing it put out 260bhp.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

5th Gear

Status
    I Might come in my super heavy tank of an m3 , dying to try launch control with the smg . Just worried about knackering the gearbox..... Plus it's my birthday.....
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

silver sleeper

Status
    well she aint blown up and is running really well, been a few weeks now. speed is deceiving with the resonated system, all my cars and bike have had really lairy exhausts, its a nice change must be getting old lol. santa pod is four weekends time then we'll see the results!-)