broken rear spring

audiholic ste

Reaction score
Today the bounced the car up the pavement and broke the rear drivers side spring . Audi s3 8l 2000 . My question is do I have to buy a full set or can I just buy the rears and what spring should I go for apex hr ? The car has in my opinion always been stiff and I've felt every little bump in the road

If your going to upgrade you will need full set but if genuine ones just get rear pair

Bit of a mistake should have said . Today the wife bounced ....

i got genuine ones off a breaker with 60k on it for 30 delivered , there are different coloured spots for different spring lvngths so make sure u gvt thv right ones .

The springs are rusty as hell . Don't think I'll find any coloured spots on them or do u mean on the new springs if I go to a breaker ?

on a car that old I will change all the shocks along with the springs possibly with an uprated one.
if its a basic 1.6 A3 then I will just change one spring.
don't cut corners or else it might bit back in unfavourable conditions such as the wet.

What's a good spring and shock combo . Don't want it stiff as hell and end up with a sore back . My back is bad enough through work .

Being a numb nut when it comes to cars what's the difference between springs and shocks and coilovers .

Bilstein's & Eibach Springs are decent enough. 20mm drop over standard, so not too bad.Springs & shocks are just that.Coilovers have the spring over the shock & are fitted as a single unit.Never used them as from what I've read they are generally hard as hell.

i have coilovers on my car (the entry model AP coilovers) and i find them to be better all around than what the car had on as standard, but the standard suspension was 12 years old.