Heist's A3 (1.8 Sport) Project

Heist

Reaction score
Heist's A3 (1.8 Sport) Project

Hey there guys, just got my first Audi. I picked up a 2000 Audi A3 Sport on wednesday night. It needs a little bit of work, so I thought I would join the forums and share my progress. My A3 is green and has done 115k miles. Looks to be in fair condition mechanically. It has a full service history, and came with tax and nearly 12 months MOT. Best car I found for my price range.

The first thing I plan to do is a good service, and give everything a deep clean. The interior is really scruffy, and it smells of wet dogs. Shouldn't be too much of issue, going to steam clean all the interior. Then it should be much better.

I did notice something though, when it got the car home. In the coolant tank, it looks like fairy liquid. (I will post a few pictures of this at some point) My concern is that it could be early signs of a headgasket issue. I will be keeping an eye on this, and Im going to replace the coolant and try some K- Seal, to see if that rectifies the issue. Has anyone tried K- Seal? I have read quite a few mixed reviews.

The other issue that I have is that the ABS warning light is on, I am hoping that this is just a sensor that needs replacing and nothing else. Im sure I read a post about this, but will a diagnostic pinpoint the specific sensor that needs replacing?

Once I have sorted these issues, theres plenty more cosmetic bits that need attention. More to follow.....

9r3sy1.jpg

xf6eeq.jpg

As I mentioned in the last post, I have taken a few pictures of the coolant to see what people think. Its always bubbly, but it bubbles to the top after a drive.

I bought some K-Seal last night, so just waiting for it be delivered, and I'll give that a go and replace the coolant.

Any advice welcome.

28vc592.jpg

snpdmr.jpg

2udwbyg.jpg

i wouldn't personally use any sort of coolant sealer on my car.

i use it on my commercial vehicles as a temp fix, problems we have lately is its blocking the heater matrix.

i would look to fix the problem rather then just a cheap quick fix solution

just my opinion.

could be many problems but most are not good news im affraid, best thing will be to not use the k-seal, drain and flush the coolant and refill with fresh coolant run it leaving the lid off to get rid of trapped air then go for a drive after putting the lid on of course