Volks AutosChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Facelift 1.8t gearbox gone. What fits as a replacement?

Gearbox has gone in my mates facelift (51 plate) 1.8turbo, really hard to get into 1st and 2nd with engine running or not so we're looking for a replacement box. What fits out of what? Do the derv box's fit? Golf ect and does it matter what litre from?

Just wondering so we've got more of a choice to get one from so don't have to just look for one from a 1.8t if we don't have to if another will fit.

Let me know ASAP if you know please as looking to get a box tomorrow out of a scrappy if I can.

Thanks,

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    My emails say someone has replied but comment isn't showing.

As to their question. It doesn't matter if the engine is running or not it is the same with the engine on and with the engine off.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Anyone???

silver sleeper

Status
    guessing no-one knows... the golf ones must fit, then you have leon cupras, octavias, ibiza cupras... the blocks are all the same as are the cable changers i think ciiw? depends on the clutch i gues are they all hydrolic??? driveshaft mounts must be the same? any diesel boxes fit, they are usually strong boxes due to the torque, a gttdi 150 for example might be a good one if it fits?

cant believe youve had no replys, tuffty must know?

when you say does it matter what litre im guessing your thinking of mk4 golf 2l gti ect, obviously you wouldnt want to fit a 1.4 box lol?
    1999 apy s3, black & blue interior,dare bbs lm's, s2000 filter, relentless v3 manifold, relentless downpipe and sports cat, scorpion cat back system, stock dump valve, badger 5 v3 tip, bam rocker cover and push in coilpacks, toyosports fmic, amd stage 2+ remap 280.3bhp 263.9 lb/ft.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Don't mind fitting a 1.4 box if they're the same. I got told all that's different is the ratios but I'm not sure because searching around I keep seeing different codes that people are calling the boxes :/

does anyone know what gearbox code or whatever it is will be in this facelift 1.8turbo?

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Everybody knows. Especially me.

I just cannot be bothered to reply to something so easily googled. Which is why nobody else has replied either
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Everybody knows. Especially me.

I just cannot be bothered to reply to something so easily googled. Which is why nobody else has replied either
    You're having a laugh right?! I've search google and in this section of the forum and found nothing that's why I've made the thread.

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Nope.

VW Tranny Code Chart

Second page when googling "02J gearbox code", it tells you all codes, their fitment and their ratios. You just need to find your old box code, and see what it matches.

Let me google that for you

I'm having a laugh now. I wasn't before.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by G-baby158 View Post
    You're having a laugh right?! I've search google and in this section of the forum and found nothing that's why I've made the thread.
    will S3 gearbox fit a TT
    Which gearbox will fit??
    Will AMK gearbox fit in APY?
    replacement gearbox, which codes?
    Help, gearbox stuck in two gears which codes please?
    S3 8L BAM engine running a non quattro/4wd gearbox - please advise
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add egesford on Facebook
    VW Tranny Code Chart

Second page when googling "02J gearbox code", it tells you all codes, their fitment and their ratios. You just need to find your old box code, and see what it matches.

Let me google that for you

I'm having a laugh now. I wasn't before.

• How did you make that 'let me google that for you' link??
    • Never mind, i googled it

Reverse Gear

Status
    I fail to see how any of them have anything to do with what I asked. We're on about a 5spd not s3 or Quattro.

This forum just has a load of pricks on it really hasn't it. No1 wants to help anyone. Ill be sure not to come back.

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway

Whilst we could all just be annoying, we could help.

The box you need for your car is known as an 02J mate. 02J refers to the box family. Any 02J will physically fit.

The box in question will most likely have the code ENJ for that year, this refers to the ratios for a 1.8T petrol of that year.

it'll have 108mm flanges for the driveshafts, making it an easy check to see if it's compatible.

You'll find 02J's with your type of flanges in most 5 speed 1.8T cars, A3's and golfs mainly, although you can use the 02J from the ibizas if you change the drive flanges and shift tower using your originals.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

silver sleeper

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by G-baby158 View Post
    I fail to see how any of them have anything to do with what I asked. We're on about a 5spd not s3 or Quattro.

This forum just has a load of pricks on it really hasn't it. No1 wants to help anyone. Ill be sure not to come back.
    dont sweat man everone knows what klappes aka jardos like, your not a full member till you've had a running with him... he likes to wind people up but he aint that bad!-)

alex has just made himself look a twat lol
    1999 apy s3, black & blue interior,dare bbs lm's, s2000 filter, relentless v3 manifold, relentless downpipe and sports cat, scorpion cat back system, stock dump valve, badger 5 v3 tip, bam rocker cover and push in coilpacks, toyosports fmic, amd stage 2+ remap 280.3bhp 263.9 lb/ft.

1st Gear

Status
    changed the box and its fine under 2k revs then if u go faster it does not want to go into gear say doing 80 in 4th want to select 3rd it wont go in if i forced it i would snap the gearstick it just dont wanna go in when going any decent speed yet selects gears fine sitting still :/ really at a lost end now the new box i got didnt come with shift tower or slave cylinder so had to use mine so one of them must be at fault but im starting to get fed up with spending money on it now and wasting it :/