Audi s3 fuel pump

s3clarke

Money grabbing s3!
Reaction score
Well after an eventful night last night up the Coventry dub club, I now need a fuel pump.

where is the best place to source 1? Cheers.

£211.75 inc VAT from TPS (genuine)

Just called them up and collecting mine Saturday morning :)

I must have got some super duper discount on mine....but then again I am at my local TPS pretty much every weekend! lol

Pretty much what staff rate is for me. They`ll probably offer normal trade discount to get the price they`ve quoted you. They buy it in cheaper than dealers and sell it cheaper. Hence why its a trade center.

You can get a siemens pump which is made in the same factory i believe for 150 from ecp, having seen them side by side i'm buying mine from ecp lol

Great stuff! :faint: ****** cars hey haha. I shouldn't laugh really ive had just about enough. find love for it then costs me mega bucks to get it back on road. Might search a 2nd hand..

You can get a siemens pump which is made in the same factory i believe for 150 from ecp, having seen them side by side i'm buying mine from ecp lol

^ This

Exact same item with the audi past number scraped off, half the price!

[Dave B];1962130 said:
Almost. Read the thread.

Having only bought pumps from ECP I wasn't aware the OEM ones came with all the extras. Not too bad a job swapping bits.
The last one I did had a faulty float though so I suppose genuine would have been better overall.

[Dave B];1962130 said:
Almost. Read the thread.

That was a 2WD model fuel pump You have been given. The 4WD pumps has the another outlet.
You can get Siemens or VDO pump for a bit less money but You have to make sure it is the pump with 2 outlets. Mine VDO was about 220€ and was bolt on.

Speak to bill at badger 5 grae

The badger5 pump is only good for 2wd, the S3 needs a dual pickup because the fuel tank has a propshaft going through it, so different design! I actually have a walbro 255 ready to go on, unsure if it will work now, but I need to investigate.

found a 2nd hand complete unit for £40 I think im gonna chance... with 70k on. :think:

found a 2nd hand complete unit for £40 I think im gonna chance... with 70k on. :think:
If they say 70 its more like 90 :) put it on and come to the Cov DubClub again :icon_thumright:

Reactions: Brazuko
Doesn't matter if its 70 or 90 its still a minimum of 10 years old i.e. tired. Pointless exercise dude

That was a 2WD model fuel pump You have been given. The 4WD pumps has the another outlet.
You can get Siemens or VDO pump for a bit less money but You have to make sure it is the pump with 2 outlets. Mine VDO was about 220€ and was bolt on.

Nope, it was a 4wd pump just without the level sensor assembly and piping. I could have fit it but went for the easy option. Not that it's relevant right now though.

I know a brand new pumps the way to go, I just didn't think they would be so expensive. 4 tyres at the end of the month along with a wheel refurb and Cornwall I think the 2nd hand jobbie will have to do until I can fund a new 1. 😔

Ok so I missed out on the fuel pump. I've found another cheaper tho and newer- it's from an octavia vrs, I'm guessing it'd fit? It looks the same..

Its gotta be from a Quattro/4wd car as it needs the extra fuel pick up due to the tank being separated by the prop shaft. Ours use 4bar pumps too so best alternative for second hand units is from a mk1 TT 225 quattro

Thanks guys, it did have twin pipes on the top. I'll keep looking, my car is still driving I just don't know how long for

Im waiting for it to happen again

Are you coming to Coventry meet this evening? I'll be bringing my dealer loan Audi A1 so can bring the foglight, brake switch and other parts if you like.

Contact Zack at Deutch Car Parts, Bradford for 2nd hand pumps, he has a pile of them in his workshop as he mainly breaks S3 8Ls. He has an Ebay store, lists anything you need after a phone call.

AUDI TT, AUDI S3 items in DEUTSCH CAR PARTS store on eBay!

Let me know if you're coming over this evening, as Joe says, bring a hammer if you do!! ;o)

Alistair