A3 1.9 tdi 110 tuning boxes

joe_echo

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been done to death. I'm looking for a bit of info on the tuning boxes, has any one used them and did you have any issues. What sort of power increase do you get?

Ive heard that all they do is increase the fuel mixture, if thats the case how was your economy effected?

I know I will be told dont be cheap and get a proper remap but my car has done a fair few miles (186,000) and i dont want to get a remap then end up selling the car in 3 months time.

cheers in advance

I'm sure this has been done to death. I'm looking for a bit of info on the tuning boxes, has any one used them and did you have any issues. What sort of power increase do you get?

Ive heard that all they do is increase the fuel mixture, if thats the case how was your economy effected?

I know I will be told dont be cheap and get a proper remap but my car has done a fair few miles (186,000) and i dont want to get a remap then end up selling the car in 3 months time.

cheers in advance

The high mileage is even more reason not to get a tuning box that simply fudges various sensor values and will probably spell death to your engine!

If its been looked after the 110 engine should take a stage one map ok even at that mileage, the turbo though if still original will probably be the weakest point.

I thought that might be the case, I will just wait till I can afford a new car then before I do any mapping. Thanks