Max Turbo Boost Revo settings

MushroomMan

Sucemabite
Reaction score
A strange friend is luring me with his SPS3 dongle.

Says my standard Revo settings (1.3 bar peak boost delivering 260bhp - 270 lbs/ft) is for girls and I should change to High boost 9 and Timing 7. This, he assures, will deliver some 282bhp and 289 lbs/ft torque (peak boost 1.5bar) whilst simultaneously restoring my flagging manhood. An offer a man in my position should not pass on lightly.

He wants to set the car up for me but thought I should seek the expert advice of the Forum before agreeing. For instance, what would be the effect on the turbo? Has anyone out there been running non-standard settings or got any useful information to add here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

I know there are people running high settings all the time with no problems, and I would feel that if it's there in the program then why not....Just my opinion though.

I would take the offer and enjoy, but having said that I would be slightly worried about that much boost....

Golf Bygone, I'd be more worried about the heat involved at that BHP. A FMIC might be a good idea before taking it to the max.

[ QUOTE ]
AL B said:
Not implying that you thrash your car about all the time

[/ QUOTE ]

Have we met before? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The way you drive bruno, your car will need a new body shell before anything mechanical goes!!
Heat shouldn't be a major problem, as the i/c's on the S3 are prety efficient on the road. The one I logged didn't go much over 50C when having the sh*t kicked out of it on a 29C day, running high boost.
My front mount on the golf regularly sees higher temps than this.

Did u bother ringing REVO for clarification ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif