Volks AutosSky Insurance

Thread: Koni FSD Shocks

3rd Gear

Status

Koni FSD Shocks

Who on here is using them. What do you think and what spring combo are you using.
    B5 v1 Tip, B5 Exhaust Manifold, Beach Buggy Hybrid, Pipewerx D.P and cat bypass, Miltek resonated cat back, AH Fabs v2 Intercooler, S2000 Filter, 83mm 9.5:1 CP Pistons, Brute Rods, Bosch 550cc Injectors, Oil Catch can, N249 delete, B5 Phenolic Gasket, Devils Own Water Meth Kit, Forge baffled sump.
    H&R Springs, Koni FSD Shocks, s3dave's rear tie bars, R32 ARB's, LCR Brembo's, 18" ttrs alloys, replaced all suspension bushes, 15/20mm spacers front/rear, Vibratechnics Engine Mounts.

2. # ADS
    ADS

...It's Never Finished...

Status
    I nearly bought some... But went for the Bilsteins instead... Not that this helps you....lol But Billy's with Eibachs.... Spot on...

Whats going on???

Status

My Social Networking

Visit s3 Hoggy's Instagram Channel
    I'm running FSD's with H&R springs and they feel fantastic
    2002 S3 REVO
    Milltek, Sachs Organic clutch, 007p, Genuine RSTT's, BBS RS2's
    Koni FSD & H&R springs, Neuspeed 22mm rear ARB, KW tie arms
    LCR Brembo's with DS2500's & Paul's 300mm Rear disc kit,
    Michelin Pilot Sport 3's,Badger5 V2.2 Jetex filter & heatshield

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    I used to drive FSD's on the Essesse Koni kitted Abarth 500's all the time, the ride on them was ****ing beautiful.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I think from reading the forum for 10years+, it's fair to say that everyone's taste in suspension setup is different with regards to ride vs handling. My own S3 has been on standard springs, Eibachs and currently Apex springs, my 'other' S3 had H&R springs, and I have driven an S3 on coilovers wound all the way down! All rode different and all behaved differently in corners.

Doesn't help answer your question, but what exactly are you after? Comfort or handling?

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    I used to drive FSD's on the Essesse Koni kitted Abarth 500's all the time, the ride on them was ****ing beautiful.
    Comparing apple with pears again are we Jrod?

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Comparing apple with pears again are we Jrod?
    Same damper, made by the same company.

Probably as useful a reply as yours...
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Guess what I drive...

Status

My Social Networking

Add Vex182 on Facebook
    I was just thinking yesterday after driving down a local road near me that is being worked on a lot because of new houses around the area, just how bad the s3 is on the small dips and dumps, just crashes all the time on standard suspension and my bothers 306, also standard just glides over them!
    Silver 2002 Audi S3 225 (BAM) since March 2011.

Mods: Badger5 2.2 TIP, Jetex filter, PCV delete, 710 DV, Standard N249 in use, R-Tech Stage 1 TiV Remap, Audi TT Pedals, Red Dogbone, Polybushed tie arms. All silicone boost pipes, Michelin PS3s, Red V6 coil packs, MK4 flat blade conversion, retrofited cruise control.
    Currently: 254bhp - 276lb/ft (174bhp/ton) as of 11/02/2013 On V-Power

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3 Hoggy View Post
    I'm running FSD's with H&R springs and they feel fantastic
    Plus one,I was happy and drive a lot of country roads

Quote Originally Posted by Vex182 View Post
    I was just thinking yesterday after driving down a local road near me that is being worked on a lot because of new houses around the area, just how bad the s3 is on the small dips and dumps, just crashes all the time on standard suspension and my brothers 306, also standard just glides over them!
    Some esses had gmbh springs which may account for the bad ride,the original suspension isn't brilliant

3rd Gear

Status
    Thanks for the replies. Looking for a combo of comfort and handling. I know, asking a lot. I don't want to feel every bump /stone on the road as you would with coilovers (Previous experience with other cars), I don't want to go too far from standard but want the bonus of better handling for track days etc.
    My reason for going with the koni's is after exchange rates etc they work out just over £200 cheaper than the Bilsteins and I am fast running out of money after the engine build etc. Probably going to use H&R springs also.
    B5 v1 Tip, B5 Exhaust Manifold, Beach Buggy Hybrid, Pipewerx D.P and cat bypass, Miltek resonated cat back, AH Fabs v2 Intercooler, S2000 Filter, 83mm 9.5:1 CP Pistons, Brute Rods, Bosch 550cc Injectors, Oil Catch can, N249 delete, B5 Phenolic Gasket, Devils Own Water Meth Kit, Forge baffled sump.
    H&R Springs, Koni FSD Shocks, s3dave's rear tie bars, R32 ARB's, LCR Brembo's, 18" ttrs alloys, replaced all suspension bushes, 15/20mm spacers front/rear, Vibratechnics Engine Mounts.

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    H&R springs are known to be rock hard.

FSD's and Eibachs will give you a nice comfortable setup which will work well enough on track too.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

3rd Gear

Status
    Thanks for that bit of info aragon. I didn't know that. Eibachs it is then.

S3 Drift King!

Status

3rd Gear

Status
    I remember reading that before Jojo, thanks for the link. But since reading it I don't like the thought of a spring snapping. I know it took a lot of miles and a good few years to happen to you, but even still, I don't like it. Think I might just go for the H&R's.
    I see a mention of tie bar's, are these a necessity or not.
    Thanks.

3rd Gear

Status
    Forget the last question found the answer in the forum.
    So which tie bars to go for. Forge, Comp Brake or Kw. The Forge set are bloody expensive. Looking at the Comp Brake mainly due to price. Anyone had experience of these.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishDave View Post
    I remember reading that before Jojo, thanks for the link. But since reading it I don't like the thought of a spring snapping. I know it took a lot of miles and a good few years to happen to you, but even still, I don't like it. Think I might just go for the H&R's.
    I see a mention of tie bar's, are these a necessity or not.
    Thanks.
    Unfortunately Dave, the snapped spring syndrome happens to all springs. The car I had with the H&R springs also failed the MOT on snapped rear coils the following year!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Forget the last question found the answer in the forum.
    So which tie bars to go for. Forge, Comp Brake or Kw. The Forge set are bloody expensive. Looking at the Comp Brake mainly due to price. Anyone had experience of these.
    PM S3dave for some custom made powder coated ones, you won't be disappointed with the price or quality!

3rd Gear

Status
    I thought S3Dave was no longer selling these.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I thought S3Dave was no longer selling these.
    He made a different batch, I have a set of his first creations which are chunky and purposeful. Then he did a slimline powder coated batch, unsure if he still has any left?