• 1 Post By bigal 1
  • 1 Post By Prawn
  • 3 Post By s3dave

Thread: Track sessions @ADI 2013

S3 Drift King!

Status

Exclamation Track sessions @ADI 2013

Are you going to ADI?

Want to test your car's limit out on the track or push your driving ability to the limit?

Here's an opportunity to have 15 minutes of track time in your own car at Audi Driver International, on the Castle Coombe Circuit!

I'm setting up 3 separate track sessions for ASN member's only, it's £35 per car, and this includes your £10 entry fee(for one person), so making the track session £25 for approx. 15 minutes out on track!

More details in the thread below. Don't be shy to ask any questions, and register your interest in the same thread also.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-dr...september.html

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

2. # ADS
    ADS

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Considering the amount of talk that goes on in here, the uptake on these track sessions is really pretty tradgic!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Considering the amount of talk that goes on in here, the uptake on these track sessions is really pretty tradgic!

Tell me about it mate.

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    All talk, no trousers.

It's fun, and a great way to find out more about your car in one of the safest scenarios possible. And Coombe is a great first track (as I've found out, and many others) with good marshalls, plenty of run off area and only one challenging corner and one challenging braking area.

Give it a go lads, you'll be apprehensive at first but once you get out there you'll never want it to end. (ooo errr)
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Combe is a great first track....FCN LOL
    Its the only uk track that you carnt get insured on...

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

It is a great first track! Well documented, great vision, cones are well placed, infinite run off space as long as you turn right, tuition available on the day if you want and regular pay per lap pax laps.

Go out with a pro first, learn the lines and feel for the circuit then get out there and roll round at your own pace.

I'm a crap driver and I managed not to die on my first track outing with a 230bhp FWD car on bald slicks!

Then never do them.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Its as safe as you want it to be like everything else, but as a RACE track + novice i wouldnt say its a great first track..

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    And Coombe is a great first track (as I've found out, and many others) with good marshalls, plenty of run off area and only one challenging corner and one challenging braking area.
    What have you been smoking lol! A lot of track day insurance companies refuse to ensure you for Coombe due to the fact that most crashes that happen on UK tracks happen on that 1 corner at Coombe! There are a lot safer first tracks that's for sure.

People shouldn't be scared to go on track though, it's as dangerous as you make it. Just respect it.
    Jason.s likes this.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel

A 350 mile round trip and 6 hours driving is putting me off to be honest; else I'd be signed up by now
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    What have you been smoking lol! A lot of track day insurance companies refuse to ensure you for Coombe due to the fact that most crashes that happen on UK tracks happen on that 1 corner at Coombe! There are a lot safer first tracks that's for sure.

People shouldn't be scared to go on track though, it's as dangerous as you make it. Just respect it.
    You should work in marketing and promotion Neil. Haha.

Then never do them.

6th Gear

Status
    Bedford FTW....

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.s View Post
    Bedford FTW....
    So the noise police can get you?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
    You should work in marketing and promotion Neil. Haha.
    Thanks.

This is a big issue there. I was constantly being told to space out from cars as 2 cars racing close to each other would trip the sound meter.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    Beford being 88db on drive by and like 105 static? one of the highest in the country... Dont know why people always B!tch and say its low.

If my mate can easily get away in his 400bhp S13 with twin wastegates/open screamers then im sure most others are fine.

Fred you were only told once? That was when you and stacey were following eachother popping flames from meth lol. Its the pops and bangs that`ll trip it more than just pure exhaust noise.
    Last edited by Jason.s; 3rd September 2013 at 11:04.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Status
    Everyone says Bedford is **** for noise. Literally, everyone.

88dB on driveby is low.

Anyway, this thread isn't about a rich mans airfield, it's about Combe, and more importantly, why everyone is being so lame

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah everyone i see moaning on Pistonheads is driving 911 GT3`s and other supercars. Yours will pass fine so stop being a fanny

Status
    it's about Combe, and more importantly, why everyone is being so lame
    My lameness is down to the following:

- 170 miles (3 hours) each way
    - Cost of track time is expensive
    - I'm currently broke and saving for a wedding
    - Most people I've spoken to about ADI say it's quite boring compared to the other shows.
    s3dave and Jason.s like this.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Done it twice now, and whilst i find the concept of track driving and binning it scary, i dont think combe is all that enjoyable, its pretty *** boring, its one lonnng asss right hand corner with 2 chicanes thrown in, which is prob the best bit.
    Cba with it.
    Bring on bedford in november for some proper fun

Status
    I can't say I really blame you guys....

..at the speeds you lot trundle around it must be pretty dull

16Klappe, superkarl and bigal 1 like this.

6th Gear

Status
    Im not going but can someone put a camera in Jardo`s car or atleast record the minute when he comes out on track giving it the biggun with his brembo`s and coilies and understeer straight off the road into the wall.

Probably still say he beat all the S3`s up the straight though...

Last edited by Jason.s; 3rd September 2013 at 12:12.
    jojo likes this.

Status
    Im not going but can someone put a camera in Jardo`s car or atleast record the minute when he comes out on track giving it the biggun with his brembo`s and coilies and understeer straight off the road into the wall.

I think this is a cracking idea!
    16Klappe and Jason.s like this.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I think some of you have misunderstood these sessions! It's not about lapping as quick as possible or racing your mates! It's an opportunity to test your car out on the track in your own comfort zone, with the option of pushing you driving ability limit or the limit of your car!

Experienced drivers like Prawn, and to a certain extent, myself are always going to try and have a bit more fun, and drive near the limit, as I wouldn't even get close on the open road!

It's a bit of fun basically, and that's what everyone who turns up should be aiming for. Non of this slaying this and that malarkey!

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I think you two have misunderstood these sessions! It's not about lapping as quick as possible or racing your mates! It's an opportunity to test your car out on the track in your own comfort zone, with the option of pushing you driving ability limit or the limit of your car!

Experienced drivers like Prawn, and to a certain extent, myself are always going to try and have a bit more fun, and drive near the limit, as I wouldn't even get close on the open road!

It's a bit of fun basically, and that's what everyone who turns up should be aiming for. Non of this slaying this and that malarkey!
    Thankyou .....................so sit down Prawny And Jardo....

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

You can passenger with me if you want. I am sure we can fit your keyboard in the spare wheel well.

Then never do them.

6th Gear

Status
    Knew you`d bite..

You`d need to borrow Scotts roof box for mine as yours is taking up all the available space in the car so sadly theres no room for me

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

My keyboard will be gaffa taped to the boot as a tribute to Prawns spoiler.
    Jason.s likes this.

Then never do them.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Thankyou .....................so sit down Prawny And Jardo....
    I havn't missed the point at all Davey my man.

I'll be 100% honest here, my reason for wanting everyone else to join in is purely selfish.

the more ASN members that do track sessions, the more discounted sessions I can buy rather than paying the full price.

That is my motive. 100% selfish I'm afraid

Status
    You can passenger with me if you want. I am sure we can fit your keyboard in the spare wheel well
    lol that's rich!
    Jason.s likes this.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    I havn't missed the point at all Davey my man.

I'll be 100% honest here, my reason for wanting everyone else to join in is purely selfish.

the more ASN members that do track sessions, the more discounted sessions I can buy rather than paying the full price.

That is my motive. 100% selfish I'm afraid

Thought you would have blagged free session tickets from companies that you'll advertise on your car?

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

I wouldn't get worked up Prawn, if we can't fill all the track spaces I am sure Dave will be putting out some cones in his works car park and having a similar event for £10 per session less shortly after ADI.

So all is not lost.

Then never do them.

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm a crap driver and I managed not to die on my first track outing with a 230bhp FWD car on bald slicks!

I think it is highly commendable of you not to exceed 50 mph
    Prawn likes this.

Status
    Quote marks needed BBD, otherwise it just looks like you're slating yourself
    16Klappe likes this.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    I wouldn't get worked up Prawn, if we can't fill all the track spaces I am sure Dave will be putting out some cones in his works car park and having a similar event for £10 per session less shortly after ADI.

So all is not lost.
    It would be cheaper and better looking.....
    Got a load of heatshields in stock now that i could use for the crash barriers...
    Prawn, 16Klappe and Jason.s like this.

1st Gear

Status
    I'll be like the saftey car slowing all u lot down . That's after you have all caught me up . I'll still be on my first lap and all you veterans will b on ya second . I've got 370 mile round trip to get through and a track session . It should b great fun . Can't understand why it's not a sell out thought poeple would be fighting for track time .

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Only one more week to sign up for the Track sessions before I start requesting payment from those participating. We could do with a few more cars!!

Join in the fun folks!