Still struggeling

jimmer 22

Reaction score
Right then, im still having what i thought was a leak problem, basically i get a whisteling noise when i hit boost, and a loss of power, sometimes bad enough that it feels like clutch slip, its not all the time but most. The noise really sounds like a boost leak. Iv also got a bit of a flat spot around 2500-3000 rpm when on part throttle, the car generally pulls very well most of the time, there is also turbo lag after gear changes even if giving it a fair boot full.

So far i have replaced

Maf (genuine new bosch)
Recirc valve (new 007p)
Puc valve (new)
N249 bypass
Pcv delete
Tryed another n75
Done a smoke test (no leaks atall apart from the puc valve hense replacement)
Scanned for codes (no codes)
Tested actuator (holding pressure and snapping shut nicely)

Im running out of options, lol.
I done a 3rd gear wot with my vcds light and got 186 g/s (232.5 bhp) so i am achieving good boost.

After changing the n75 the syptoms did change slightly but generally the same, (less lag after gear change, louder whisteling, flat spot reduced)

The car is a 2002 bam s3 with 100,000 on the clock ( completely standard apart from the couple of minor mods above)

One evening this week i will be fitting a boost gauge and doing some logging with full vcds and hopfully this will shed some light on the situation

Pls pls can someone offer any other advice, this is starting to get expensive and extremely annoying,

All help appreciated,

Cheers people

Last edited by a moderator:
when my relentless manifold came undone there was a loud whistling, maybe one of the manifold gaskets has blown?

when my relentless manifold came undone there was a loud whistling, maybe one of the manifold gaskets has blown?

Been trying to find a really loud whistle (on idle) coming from my car for the past couple of weeks. Gasket didn't even come across my mind Even though it is painfully obvious now :mad: