mist washer jets and cone filter inside airbox, my mods for today.

jay1601

Reaction score
got hold of a mk4 golf airbox and had a go of fitting the jetex cone filter inside the standard airbox. this is whati got from it which i'm happy about.

in the bottom of the box i drilled lots of 54mm holes. to help get more air in but still keeping it oem looking

second mod the day, mist washer jets, after reading a thread about using TT needing glueing i didn't bother, got a pair of washer jets from a MK3 seat ibizia for free which is a bonus

here they are fitted, no glue needed just used a flat file to remove a bit of plastic as they are a bit bigger then the standard one.

mod cost £0 :)

Reactions: Nilz
The pictures probably can't be fixed as I think a lot of pictures on old threads have gone this way. I think it has some thing to do with photo bucket but not sure.

Jetex in an OE airbix is in the FAQs thread... You will also find the TT washer jet mod in there too

<tuffty/>

As above photobucket is sh1t now a days, don’t have access to the old stuff from my account

But have a search about, grab a set of washer jets from a old mk3 Seat Ibiza couple mins with a file job done or failing that get the proper ones

Do the misting job to all my cars now fair better then the water pistols, running heated Passat misting jets on my A4 now

Is the mk3 Ibiza the 6l from years 2002 to 2008?

Thanks for bringing this thread to life could really do with some fan jets and scared off by needing to glue and extend pipes to fit the TT ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a google the model was the 6K2 Ibiza the later mk2 thought it was mk3

Think the ones I got hold off was from a 02 plate Ibiza

Do these look like the ones?

541e4aeda5deeba5f69536147db646bb.jpg

61510268c707aeed57d8790c8a4c2860.jpg

Jay how much filing and messing?
... But have a search about, grab a set of washer jets from a old mk3 Seat Ibiza couple mins with a file job done or failing that get the proper ones ...
I'm with @imz on this. I'd love mist jets, but not if I'm going to end up making an **** of them... can you go back to the original jets if the filing goes wrong?

Only the plastic jet you need to mod think took like 2 mins wasn’t much to get it to be a real tight fit

If you do file to much off could always glue or go back to the standard ones

Reactions: Rogue.Goofball
Might sound really silly but which part of the jet do I need to file please?

Thanks mate really appreciate your help.

Quite desperate to get it done as I got excited and pulled the old jet out, now the pipe is lost under the scuttle somewhere. Lol.

There’s no part number on the jets themselves will dig out the receipt tomorrow and write it on here mate.

They were about £10 the pair from TPS

Reactions: Rogue.Goofball
Can’t for the life of me find the receipt will dig through thoroughly later sorry for the delay mate.

If it helps I asked for the Jets from a 2001 car just said I don’t have a reg.

Also my original spray nozzles have electric wires on them, does that mean they’re heated and so I need heated ones from the seat?

Is it best I go for heated ones then as they are over £50 for a pair or are none heated fine?

Do you often find your washers freezing up? If so get heated, if not save yourself £50