new tyres

simonhenchie

Reaction score
have to replace front tyres today for mot tomorrow. 205/55/zr16.
Can only get hold of pirelli p7000.
Anyone got them? What are they like?
Currently got Michelin primacy which are pants.

thanks guys, I was quoted £278 + fitting for the P7000 which I thought a bit steep, Thats just for the two fronts!
I managed to find a pair of Goodyear Eagle F1's for £200 so I'll give them a go, They cant be any worse than the Michelin primacy.

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Who cares, they are sticky!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but when you drive 700+ miles a week, tread wear becomes a factor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif (And I might add, I really like my current Conti SC2's, but they're wearing out after only 3 1/2 months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
simcat said:

I managed to find a pair of Goodyear Eagle F1's for £200 so I'll give them a go, They cant be any worse than the Michelin primacy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, the Eagle F1 are the dbs (/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif) and for £200.00 seem good value for money considering they cost @ £150.00 per tyre new! Just check tread and tyre wall for any damage etc.

I'd go for the F1's , but have toyos on at the moment.

After hearing the many comments on Toyo here over the last couple of months i would naturally go for them, but I always talk to my local tyre dealer first to see if he can do any of the other top end tyres at a deal price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Personal priorities for me are wet handling and wear.

F1's at £150 each no way, just been quoted £79.00 +vat .

[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Who cares, they are sticky!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but when you drive 700+ miles a week, tread wear becomes a factor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif (And I might add, I really like my current Conti SC2's, but they're wearing out after only 3 1/2 months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

that's because you drive like a ****** nutter I'm surre!

[ QUOTE ]
GARTHY said:
F1's at £150 each no way, just been quoted £79.00 +vat .

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw that pricing in the old evo, where did you find the £79? And are they for 225/25 R17?

Hi Jester, tyre size 205/55 zr 16. I go to a place in mid Wales for my tyres looks grubby good prices - mytyres.co.uk will supply tyres your size in f1 for £103.90 per tyre.