Replacing Wing Mirrors

Dion c

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been browsing the forum for about an hour or 2 now looking for a guide on how to take off the wing mirrors :think: do you need to remove the door card? a lot of the post's are for the 8P's and they have done,or do i just need to remove the black triangle and un do the bolt?

Going to replace my red ones with chrome ones :laugh:

Any help is greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Are you changing the base? If its just the caps then underneath the mirror will be 2 torx screws. Undo them then take out the glass. The way I do this is to push it all the way towards the inside and pull it out from the other side. Then they'll be 3 or 4 (can't really remember how many) torx screws. Take them out and the cap will come off the mirror base. No need to take the door card off.

Reactions: Yonner
Don't forget to disconnect the heated connections!

Yer replacing the whole base unit with chrome oem ones.

Was wondering how to take out the glass, best do that as a precaution :thumbsup:

If your replacing the base, then inside the door opposite the mirror there's a plastic triangle piece that pops out with a screw driver. It'll then reveal a multi-spline torx bolt, undo that and disconnect the mirror plug. The thing should pull out then, it's not hard at all and no need to take the door card out.

Let us know how you go mate. I had to replace mine after someone tried robbing them!

Just change the caps mate ! Don't need to do full fitting ! Takes ages that , the caps just unscrew !

Here the ones I removed from my 8L there goin in classifieds soon !bsee the 3 screws these secure it to the bracket :)
ImageImage

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 116