Steering wobble :-/

frank s3

Reaction score
Hi guys, ive got a wobble and cant seem to sort it ive changed all my wheels around removed spacers had new arb and bushes new wishbones and bushes changed drop links ball joint rod ends 4 wheel aligment only thing left is the rack is there any tests or signs to look out 4?? It only dose it over 60 any help would be apperciated thanks frank!

I had 4 new tyres and balencing done just before it was aligned mate

Does it wobble over 60 but then stops over 70 for example?

​Not really it dose fade a little but still bad! If i hit a slight pot hole also the steering wheel wobbles left to right like theres no pas but ive squeesed the line out from the steering pump and goes rock soild when you turn

Have you changed the lower arm ball joints as this happend on my mates, no movement when jacked up due to the angle but only a very tiny amount of movement when down ment it felt like it was all over the place.

Im having this issue to. Had wheels balanced 4 seperate places. New cv joints etc. Very annoying. Will check those joints though.

Ive change the ball joint track rod ends top mounts all b4 alignment still the same issue ive checked the pas nothing left but the steering rack

Ive change the ball joint track rod ends top mounts all b4 alignment still the same issue ive checked the pas nothing left but the steering rack

Have you changed the track rods or just the ends? Mine we're fubar'd after only 64k miles! This pic below is the part that screws onto the steering rack, it was floppy!

27F269FD-0D9E-4671-969C-2EC254ACE882-3352-00000239B9270B86_zps33d572ae.jpg