new in need of help!

jay651

Reaction score
hi all im jay hopefully il become a bit of a regular around here been a pug 206gti driver for the last 2 years but after killing her I bought myself a early 1.8t now im having a bit of a issue backed it into the workshop last saterday sorted the rear lights a clunk its had rear brakes front bushes went to drive it out and wouldn't start double cleacked all wireing left the battery disconnected no difference had it on diagnostics on Tuesday and was showing cam position sensor failure so orderd and fitted one tonight and still the same so I think im eather looking at a ecu or a wiring fault do these ecus just die or play up? anyone had this issue before? ps my cars a 98 agu engine
heres a little pic
998445_10151806032170365_156129236_n.jpg

Welcome. Is it turning over and just not firing? Did any of the codes get cleared off and have you rechecked that no others have appeared?

yeah sorry all original codes listed and deletes cam sensor code came back under cranking also 1 for temp sensor it ha had a intemitant temp gauge so putting two together plus I cant see the temp sensor stopping it starting
ps I have a fair mechanical knowledge im a tech for masons kings lta 3 trained but im only realy a diesel boy

where did you get the CPS from ?

hi I got the sensor from burum car parts its a bosch one so not a cheapy ebay one and i will get the list off my mate tomorrow as its his code reader i only have the kit to plug into john deere or fenit tractors lol

after work tonight got her in the work shop tested every wire on the engine loom and the loom is perfect changed out the temp sensor for a new one and still no joy the the codes are still active for the cam sensor and the temp so looking astho my ecu is fried
does anyone no where i can get a replacement ecu that's jailbroken so i can just plug it in and go?
thanks jay

try cleaning the earths under the battery, my car was throwing all sorts of codes and messing around before i sorted them all by cleaning said earths...

00514 cam shaft circuit
00522 tempsenos circuit
both have been checks to the ecu pins and the loom is good also both sonsors have been changed to rule them out so all that's left is the
ecu