i used the stickies :) but still stuck :(

a3dam

Reaction score
I wanted to know what the maximum power I can run from a standard "AGU" head and using the stickies section I found an answer.

"Good info but you need to add valves to this list as the standard ones are 2 piece valves and are good for 350bhp ish before the heads break away from the steam."

But when reading it says its from an "AEB" not a "AGU" head so I still not sure so if someone can point me in the right direction I be grateful.

Cheers
Adam

The head will be good for 400 ish hp un-ported (will do more but porting will benefit the overall reliability and power output...), its revs that kill std valves not power... to reach that power level though you will need a big turbo and then it will need to rev... so up to 350hp you shouldn't need to go much higher than 7.2k to 7.5k as turbo at that power level don't make the power at high enough revs... to make the valve train more durable at higher revs then you would need valve springs and decent valves... (supertech for example)... you can rev to the moon with that setup..

Worn valve guides are also an issue on these heads... exhaust guides wear, valves flap about at high revs, heads drop off, bad times ensue...

<tuffty/>