S3 Alloys- Price and ride height afterwards? + bonus silly questions

keendean

Reaction score
I'm after a set of S3 alloys in very good nick with half decent tyres, what kind of price can I expect to pay?
I've got between £250 and £300 max.

Also on my Turbo sport will there be big gaps in the arches after the alloys are fitted? I'm going for H&R springs nxt year & chip.

Last silly question, the exhaust on my car is no where to be seen I saw a 1.8T Quattro the other day that had a nice shiny tipped backbox that looked Oem. Will this bolt straight on, I guess you need a new rear valance too? And the rear spolier from an S3 is different from the standard rear spolier? I think thats it.

I managed to pick up a set of S3 alloys for £200 (of a mate though & they need a re-furb)

£300 is possible but it might take a while.

Have you considered the17" of TT's? They seem to go for a bit less on ebay

hope it helps

mike

I've seen one set for £350 ono in good nick, and the set on ebay which I'm guessing will go for about the same kind of money, not too bad. Just thinking what it will look like with std suspension.

I wonder how much the set on ebay will go for, I'll keep on them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

£250 - £350 is the going rate for S3 alloys on Ebay at the minute, and should get a set of good condition wheels and tyres.

I paid £300 for mine a few months back off Ebay.

Although have you considered getting some RS4's instead?

Hi...

Apologies for the piccy sizes!!!

(I'm REALLY REALLY SORRY!)

Here are a couple of shots of my 1.6 Sport on factory suspension with S3 Avus rims (warning to those with 1.6s wanting S3 rims - you WILL have to modify your pads!)...

Regards,

Rob.

mbt004.jpg

.............(And before it had its kit...)............>>>>

new_wheels.jpg

The kit looks great but personally i would have gone for black mesh. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Take a look on e-bay(audi s3). The wheels are just what your looking for with decent tyres aswell.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a set on ebay at the minute with bridgestone tyres that look like they are in really good condition. They are currently at £280 with 17 hours left.

Thanks for the kind words guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was going to go for black mesh originally, but I wanted it to be VAG OEM-style honeycomb, and at the time my kit was fitted (very short notice because I happened to tack it on to a repair for a less than spectacular display of parking) it was really hard to find.

I probably will change it over at some point; who knows, maybe when my bumper's off to fit my Xenons and new radiator...

Thanks again,

Rob.

Very nice, any worries I have I don't have any more, looks like a worth while upgrade /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The first set of alloys I was looking at I can get for £300 in very good nick but with only 2-3mm left all round, at least the set on ebay has more tread wear left so it's going to be worth paying a little more, my budget is tight esp at this time of year.

Worth while investment, I'm glad i bought the S3 rims for my A3 sport as they look miles better than the pencil thin 15" alloys on the sports models, will fill the wheel arch gaps nicely with the standard sports suspension.

Go for it!

There was a set on Autotrader for £325 inc new Michelin PS2 tyres, based in Birmingham. They tyres alone are worth £480.00!!!!

Can't see the on Autotader website, decsions first set £300 I can buy have 2-3mm, set on ebay have 4-6mm on them, looks as if there going to go big money. My budget is £350, I'm just going to have to keep an eye out for a decent set.