Need your advice please fellow s3 guys!!

Beany113

Reaction score
Hi guys was looking under the bay of my 2001 s3 and I just happened to wipe my finger around the forge DV to fun oily deposits?! Where can I find out where this is coming from? Any help would be excellent! Thanks

Check the rocker cover breather outlet tube joiner S shaped bit - not sure what it's called! But they often break around there?

tbh it could be coming from several places based on your description... one thing to note is oil should be on the inside of the engine rather than the outside... if all the gaskets and stuff are doing their job then there will be no oil anywhere..

Pics would help as it could show if it was transfer from a leak or leaking out the DV... the DV is far enough away that a typical 'leak' won't be able to transfer to the DV... so its ether leaking from the DV or being blown on the DV... this suggests pressure is involved... look for signs of fresh oil rather than the congealed stuff thats a sign of a long term leak...

Clean the area with brake cleaner and see what comes back... be easier to spot where the oil is coming from too...

Anything rubber can rot and split so check all the hoses... 007's leak so make sure the top is tight and any hoses connected to it...

Pics next time :)

<tuffty/>