Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 16Klappe

Thread: Help needed please slight problem a3 1.8t

Neutral

Status

Help needed please slight problem a3 1.8t

Morning all,

I have got a slight problem with my a3,

When the car is at idle every so oftern it seems to almost giv like a little jump/misfire also when i am driving and giv it the boot it seems to be holding back/misfireing agin Also useing a load more fuel all the time.

Have replaced the plugs seemed to help a little but it is still happening, Would this be a coil pack problem or the ignition amplifyer or at a long shot could it be a blocked fuel filter

2. # ADS
    ADS

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Sounds like the symptons of a tired MAF -

Unplug it and see how it runs on idle then
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow fanta On Twitter Add fanta on Facebook Add fanta on Google+ Visit fanta's Youtube Channel Visit fanta's Instagram Channel
    Also make sure you've got the air con off. I made a schoolboy error thinking there was something wrong when using the demisting blower

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fanta View Post
    Also make sure you've got the air con off. I made a schoolboy error thinking there was something wrong when using the demisting blower

Air con defo not on

Neutral

Status
    Anyone else got any idears

Reverse Gear

Status
    I agree with kwistof start with the the maf, have you checked for codes?

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxxSMITHYxxxx View Post
    Anyone else got any idears
    http://m.dictionary.com
    hendry10 and Pubemammal like this.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Spooling

Status
    Definitely MAF had this prob on my Cupra (same engine) bigger turbo. Codes should show it up but you should check or clean ur MAF first before replacing. Brake cleaner works to remove deposits ( aerosol) work a try before replacinf

Neutral

Status
    What is the best way to get to the maf do I remove just the small bit connected to the cables or remove the hole plastic cone type unit c

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Do the standard checks... scan for fault codes, visually checks for split pipes (normally under the inlet manifold) and if you can get a smoke test done...

This symptom is typically airleak related as it messes with the mixture... you haven't mentioned the car you have... saying its a 1.8t isn't enough... would appear you have a TQS from your previous posts so its a narrowband ECU with drive by wire throttle...

Unplugging the MAF and driving like that to see if the problem is still there should eliminate it as a possible candidate... I personally think its an airleak but if the MAF has not been changed to your knowledge its worthwhile bunging a new one on as a service item regardless...

Scan with VCDS and if you have access to a registered version check block 032 while the engine is idling... do not clear any fault codes prior though as the fuel trims will reset

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    Do the standard checks... scan for fault codes, visually checks for split pipes (normally under the inlet manifold) and if you can get a smoke test done...

This symptom is typically airleak related as it messes with the mixture... you haven't mentioned the car you have... saying its a 1.8t isn't enough... would appear you have a TQS from your previous posts so its a narrowband ECU with drive by wire throttle...

Unplugging the MAF and driving like that to see if the problem is still there should eliminate it as a possible candidate... I personally think its an airleak but if the MAF has not been changed to your knowledge its worthwhile bunging a new one on as a service item regardless...

Scan with VCDS and if you have access to a registered version check block 032 while the engine is idling... do not clear any fault codes prior though as the fuel trims will reset

<tuffty/>
    ok will do the is for the info, could a low voltage battery be the cause of a fault like this?

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxxSMITHYxxxx View Post
    ok will do the is for the info, could a low voltage battery be the cause of a fault like this?
    No sure what you mean but if the alternator is not kicking out over 13 volts then running problems can happen... but rather than stabbing in the dark I suggest you start with the diagnostic process I suggested and work from facts

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

3rd Gear

Status
    money on it being a lambda sensor in the exhaust, i had the same problems, if the sensor is gone it cant get the exact reading so over/ under fuels